Return of the Gay Contemporary Tarot

Tomsde

Gay Contemporary Tarot Pentacles Court Completed

I needed to take a break on this project for a while to recollect. After some consideration I decided to change the currency suit to Pentacles--going witht he more traditional name.

Here is a card I'm working on, an all new Page of Pentacles.

Attachments

• Page-of-Pentacles-web.jpg
    Page-of-Pentacles-web.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 238

Tomsde

I've now completed the Knight of Pentacles, a farmer in the country. I've returned to the project with a renewed enthusiasm, after I complete the court cards I will commence with the pips.

Attachments

• Knight-of-Pentacles-web.jpg
    Knight-of-Pentacles-web.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 197

Chronata

Awesome! I am so glad to see your renewed enthusiasm!

I have always really liked this deck of yours, and it's great to see the two new cards!

And I like the change to pentacles too.

Tomsde

New Card-Queen of Pentacles

I chose a lesbain to be the Queen of Pentacles, standing on a prairie to relate to the Earth element and love of nature reflected by the Pentacle suit. Of course this could also be read as a mature straight woman with an earthy nature.

Attachments

• Queen-of-Pentacles-web.jpg
    Queen-of-Pentacles-web.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 177

Cat*

I still think that the Queen of Pents should be much more of a granola dyke... ;)

Tomsde

King of Pentacles and Further Plans

I completed the King of Pentacles tonight. The King of Pentacles is a successful banker relaxing in the garden of his country home. He is wise and generous, able to give the seeker advice in both home and financial activities.

I plan on doing some further revisions to some of the court cards posted here, particularly the Knight of Swords and perhaps the Page of Cups. My next stage of the project is to work on the pips for each suit, in which I intend to show a wide variety of different pursuits in contemporary settings. I'm saving the majors for last.

I'm enjoying creating the deck, but I miss some of the feedback that I was getting when I first started this project this past winter. I hope that people are still looking and enjoying my offerings.

Some very exciting news is that Major Tom has offered me a page in the upcoming 2009 Tarot Calendar. I can't wait to see it.

Tomsde

For some reason the King of Pentacles did not attach properly, so here he is.

Attachments

• The-King-of-Pentacles-web.jpg
    The-King-of-Pentacles-web.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 134

PAMUYA

Would like to see more cards ;)

Tomsde

Thanks Sassyjackal, I'm working on them, keep on eye out for further posts.

HOLMES

hmm

it looks to me to be model men standing in photo graphs
as opposed to a contempory gay man doing contempory gay things.

which to me ,, i have no idea what a contempory gay man does ,,
but it would be going against sterotype right ?
that is the whole focus of a contempory tarot in this genre ?

I do like the artwork ,, it looks videogamey aime to me,, and japanese based,
but since it reminds me of persona 3 sort to speak, and that type ilike it