The "Morning After" Tarot

firemaiden

Ravenswing inspired me by stealing my Kosmikness for his Kitchen...

This is an idea that needs serious developing. It all began on the "What did the toaster say to the vacuum cleaner" thread, one fine day. It is called the "morning after tarot"

the "Morning-After Tarot" : original dialogue by firemaiden using fictionalised voices of real AT characters:

-----

"I know, I know" says Diana, "how bout the 5 of swords shows an empty beach, with some blood stains on it?"

"Yes, yes" says Jewel-ry, "and the 9 of swords shows an un-made bed with bottles of nail polish strewn on the night table"

"Just nail polish? why not five empty bottles of valium?" says firemaiden...

"Oh wow, yes!!" says jlbvt "and -- and.... how 'bout the Fool shows an empty cliff, with just some rocks falling over the edge!!"

"No, no!!" Diana exclaims, "that's too tragic!!! Not Toto too! the little doggie's still there. He's looking over the edge, barking."

"Okay!!" joins in Happiness, "and what about the 2 of cups? Maybe... Say, Firemaiden, didn' t you already paint the 'morning after' for the two of cups? "

"Well, yes, as a matter of SACT, I did! -- it shows the couple curled up sleeping in bed, with a mess of clothes all over the floor"

"Oh yes, that's right," says Moongold, and I remember the two of bra-cups that came out of it... But what shall we do about the Moon card? -- obviously the morning after, there is no moon..."

"Hmm", says Ravenswing, "so the sun is risen over the pillars, and on the edge of the pool, is an empty, mangled lobster shell and two very contented puppies"

"Grrrrrr", says Moongodl, "I think maybe one of them is licking a very sore paw..."

"Indeed" says Lunalafey, who is standing over the group looking concerned. "But, people, we don't have a lisense for this... hmmm... but if we did, I'd like to see the what happens to the Eight of Swords"

"How 'bout another empty beach scene?" says Diana, "with swords and tangles of ripped clothing?"

Lark looks up, "ripped clothing?... this could be interesting... lets say she never figured out how to get untied from the posts..."

"But Lark," says Diana, "its all an illusion, she was never really tied to them, she just thought she was..."

"But, but, but... maybe she doesn't realize that yet" says Lark, and she's still there the next morning... and then the Knight of Cups comes riding up in his shining armor, and..."

"Or better" says Luna, "the guards from the castle come running out, and carry her away to the dungeon!!"

"Oh yes, says Firemaiden, "where she is tortured by diabolical devices..."

firemaiden

And here is what Ravenswing offered...

The Two of Cups

Two figures—one male, one female-- standing a few feet apart, facing away from each other. There was a cup spilled on the ground with a cock-eyed wet winged lion’s head slightly protruding from it.

“Hmmm,” FireMadeIn hmmmed. She thumbed through the LWB.

“Two of Cups,” she read. “Not last night, darling. I had a headache…..”

-----
And I suggested:

As for the Seven of Swords
The stolen swords have been missed... a possee is assembling in front of the tent with black dogs on leads, oh no! and they're off!​

Ravenswing

and don't forget...

VI The Lovers

The ultimate choice (or perhaps the ultimate LACK of choice):

the shotgun wedding })

here we go again...
Raven

Ravenswing

oh no, it's starting...

XX. Judgment

Two slightly be-draggled women in the foreground comparing notes about the hunk in the background.

more later??

fly well
raven

back to old tricks, eh Volcanic one?

Ravenswing

5 of pentacles

Outside in the snowy cold, a woman stands, looking into the window watching her husband with her best friend...again.

oh boy...

firemaiden

HAHAHAHAHAH! that's a new twist, Rave n' Swing. That's a twist even the tortured imagination of firemaiden never dreamed up.

I might have it... the morning after -- the church opens its doors, in the snow in front of the church, two pairs of bloodied foot-prints... a trail leading to an ambulance, picking up a pair of half-frozen homeless wanderers, to be treated for exposure, hunger and frostbite.

firemaiden

Ravenswing said:
XX. Judgment

Two slightly be-draggled women in the foreground comparing notes about the hunk in the background.

Oh dear... I was going to say you lost me on this one, then I started to get it.. I think.

Or maybe it's -- the morning after -- the graves of the undead are all empty, we see the search light turned onto the sky, with the batman logo... the undead are marching on the city. We hear their cries.

Ravenswing

the eight of cups...

after a wonderful night of unmentionable sex in a sleazy motel, she quietly slips out the door. In the parking lot she jumps into

VII The Chariot

A little red BMW speeding down the highway

hee hee hee

drive fast
Ravin'

firemaiden

8 of cups, adventures speliological

No no no.. the morning after of the 8 of cups ... the wanderer who turned his back on the 8 cups, has fallen into the arms of the hermit, and is engulfed in a vast cave.

We see the eight abandoned cups in the foreground, and in the background -- the rescue helicopter over-head, scanning for clues in the desolate wilderness. It has begun to snow. There are rescue dogs with brandy flasks going after his scent, and men are talking into their CB radios. A red boot has been found... and a shred of red flannel attached to a blackberry bush.

Cat*

Great idea! :D

The Empress holds a red-faced crying baby that just has vomited onto her pretty dress. She might also stand next to an overflowing wastebasket full of crumpled up paper with drawings/writings on them.

The Tower shows a picture of a group of "rubble women" passing along bricks from a huge heap of, well, rubble. (I realize this is a very "German" image - in case you don't know, "rubble women" is a literal translation of "Trümmerfrauen" which refers to the women who cleared away the debris after WW2 in Germany while many men were either dead, gravely injured, or prisoners of war.)

The World could maybe depict the next Big Bang?

Ten of Cups has a few people in a car, driving back from that family gathering, bitching about their relatives.

Strength shows a lion with a suspiciously round belly, resting on a heap of crumpled white fabric.

Justice depicts the revision trial.

Seven of Pentacles shows empty branches and fat snails.

Nine of Cups shows the aftermath of a rowdy party: empty cups, full ashtrays, turned over furniture, and wine stains on the tablecloth. The man has just entered the room, terribly hung-over.

Eight of Wands is a heap of wands on the ground.