Round 2: AT Patchwork Deck Creation

cricket

It may be a little late to jump in here, but I have a Hermit and all four knaves from an unknown deck. They were sent to me at random as a birthday gift some years ago. Let me know if you want any of them. :)

ETA: It's a small deck, and looks like it might have been printed by Lo Scarabeo, but I couldn't find matching images after searching the publisher in the database here. They have the signature LS edging with the title of the card in different languages - the number of the card on the top left, the title in Italian on the top right, the title in English and German on the bottom left, and the title in French and Spanish on the bottom right.

roppo

Well then I'll offer the Ace of Swords from Zigeuner. It's comparatively a big card and please feel free to trim it if found necessary.

cardlady22

cricket said:
It may be a little late to jump in here, but I have a Hermit and all four knaves from an unknown deck. They were sent to me at random as a birthday gift some years ago. Let me know if you want any of them. :)

ETA: It's a small deck, and looks like it might have been printed by Lo Scarabeo, but I couldn't find matching images after searching the publisher in the database here.
Not even close to being too late! :grin:

If you can get a pic of the front & back, gregory will probably be able to identify it for us. I can host the pic on my photobucket account if you don't have one.

Regarding size, I'd like to keep the longest edge to a minimum of 10cm (~ 4 inches) and the width to a minimum of 5.75cm (~ 2.25 inches).
Please do NOT trim cards to this size!

Is it smaller than that? My LS mini decks are 8cm (just under 4.5 cm wide)

gregory

cardlady22 said:
Not even close to being too late! :grin:

If you can get a pic of the front & back, gregory will probably be able to identify it for us. I can host the pic on my photobucket account if you don't have one.

Regarding size, I'd like to keep the longest edge to a minimum of 10cm (~ 4 inches) and the width to a minimum of 5.75cm (~ 2.25 inches). Is it smaller than that? My LS mini decks are 8cm (just under 4.5 cm wide)
OK I'm up for a shot *waits patiently....*

cricket

I just measured them, and they're about 16 cm x 8.5 cm

Let me see if the computer will recognize the scanner today...

ETA: Got it!

Attachments

• mysterydeck.JPG
    mysterydeck.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 77

gregory

That's NOT small :)

Unless my ruler has shrunk....

That's LS all right. Gimme a few minutes...

LS Renaissance - Trevisan.

You SURE they are that big ???? :bugeyed: Mine are 12 cm x 6.25...

cricket

gregory said:
That's NOT small :)

Unless my ruler has shrunk....

That's LS all right. Gimme a few minutes...

LS Renaissance - Trevisan.

You SURE they are that big ???? :bugeyed: Mine are 12 cm x 6.25...
Nobody ever said I could use a ruler. :p

The only ruler I had on hand is one of those six-sided drafter's thingies. Very likely I used the wrong side, since they're not labeled. Now if I had gotten off my tooshie and gotten my seamstress' tape from the living room, I would have said they're 8 cm x 4.5 cm - and yes, I can actually read that one.

cardlady22

jackdaw* and cricket have been "sponsored in" to the project!
:* to those who deserve them! :angel:

roppo

Ah! Zigeuner is big: 105mm x 150m. Let's compare it with standard RWS.

Shall I trim it before sending?

Attachments

• zigeunerSW1etRWS.jpg
    zigeunerSW1etRWS.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 78

cardlady22

I'd say nip it down, but keep as much of the illustration (finials could be sacrificed) as possible.
ETA: Can you give a guess-timate of what that might make the card size after trimming?