Rx Fool - What does this card mean to you?

tarot_quest

Hi :)

When I got this card within the last months, I can't figure out with enough assurance what this card mean.

Here is how he feel this rx Fool:

- Not being enough free spirited and spontaneous

- Starting to canalize a new idea/project/adventure

- Coming back from vacation (''return of the Fool'')

Do you have more idea? :) Let us know how this rx Fool appeared regarding personal experience, it is always more fun with examples!

Thanks everyone!

intuitivetarot

This card kept popping up for me the entire week that my family went on a trip that I refused to go to. My refusal was due to personal reasons, not because I didn't want to take a trip in general, nor was it because of the location. I simply didn't want to go because I just didn't want to go with them. The fool reversed, to me, means not going on a journey/trip, simply because of something that holds you back.

tarot_quest

This card kept popping up for me the entire week that my family went on a trip that I refused to go to. My refusal was due to personal reasons, not because I didn't want to take a trip in general, nor was it because of the location. I simply didn't want to go because I just didn't want to go with them. The fool reversed, to me, means not going on a journey/trip, simply because of something that holds you back.

I see where you are coming from: upright the Fool can mean travelling and trying new things/adventures. So rx, it makes sens that this card represented your desire to do not go in this ''foolish'' situation.

I did travel with my family a year ago. I love them, but gosh... Can we call it a vacation? ;)

Achlys

For me, the reversed fool symbolizes brash actions that weren't fully thought out. It's somewhat like metaphorically jumping off the cliff...make a fast decision and then it crashes and burns. It can also mean holding yourself back but it may not be a good thing.

tarot_quest

For me, the reversed fool symbolizes brash actions that weren't fully thought out. It's somewhat like metaphorically jumping off the cliff...make a fast decision and then it crashes and burns. It can also mean holding yourself back but it may not be a good thing.

Ok, so you see it as an exaggeration of the upright version! I used to see it exactly this way, but I feel less sure lately, maybe because I got this card a lot (rx and upright).

Thanks Achlys

Tanga

A ruined adventure,
Stunted personal growth,
A hairbrained scheme
Sheer stupidity
Deception

Barleywine

A lot depends on what reversal means to you:

Blocked = the Fool never really got his feet on the ground and is just "spinning his wheels"

Delayed = the Fool may have made a false start and had to go back and start over.

Diverted = the Fool went off chasing butterflies and forgot his mission.

Internalized = the Fool is paying even less attention to outward reality than usual, he's totally wrapped up in his "fantasy world."

Hidden = "Pay no attention to that Fool behind the curtain" Seriously, though, the Fool could bring an ambiguous agenda to the table.

Unexpected = the Fool "doubles down" on the idea of "expect the unexpected." (Crowley called it "an original, subtle, sudden impulse or impact, coming from a completely strange quarter.") Reversed, it's probably sneaking up on you.

Subtle = the Fool has decided he doesn't want to be "noble," he's happy just being "foolish."

I'm sure there are a few more, but that's all I can think of right now.

tarot_quest

Thanks Tanga for your inputs, you definitively see the rx Fool as something negative. It is giving me more keywords!

Barleywine, wow!!! You have so many ways to see reversals, that's a lot of options here, and that is what I was looking for. I think that in all possibilities that you mentioned, you always see the rx Fool more ''negatively''.

But let's imagine we are under World War II, and we are hiding in bunkers. Using the internalized approach would be relevant here (i.e. escaping in an imaginary world).

Thanks, that is awesome :)