Samhain - help!

caridwen

I received my Samhain mini today. I have no idea whatsoever what any of it means. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, it's this: http://www.tarotbyseven.com/#!samhain-lenormand-ltd/c8u4

There is no LWB or anything letting me know what these cards mean so what resource do I use?

Any help would be appreciated:)

Ryver

I also was surprised with this deck today. There was an insert card that explained the extras beyond the usual 36. Are you unfamiliar with the 36 cards/images of the Lenormand system?

There are wonderful resources for Lenormand reading which, unlike Tarot, is read pretty much the same from deck to deck. There are great threads here about reading Lenormand cards as well as on other websites including youtube (Tarot Tribe/Donnaleigh is amazing) and a some wonderful books such as Rana George's Essential Lenormand and Sylvia Steinbach's The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle.

caridwen

I also was surprised with this deck today. There was an insert card that explained the extras beyond the usual 36. Are you unfamiliar with the 36 cards/images of the Lenormand system?

There are wonderful resources for Lenormand reading which, unlike Tarot, is read pretty much the same from deck to deck. There are great threads here about reading Lenormand cards as well as on other websites including youtube (Tarot Tribe/Donnaleigh is amazing) and a some wonderful books such as Rana George's Essential Lenormand and Sylvia Steinbach's The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle.

Thanks I am unfamiliar with anything whatsoever to do with Lenormand!:D

So are you saying that these cards relate to some generic system? I have looked up Lenormand but there seem to be different meanings and not just one set of meanings. So I was wondering what tradition these particular cards belong to. It says German Lenormand so I thought German Tradition if such a thing exists:D

Am I making a total ass of myself here:p

Ryver

You could use whatever particular system of Lenormand suits you, and that in itself is a whole other few threads of conversation, ;) no matter what the name or description of the Lenormand deck.

caridwen

Thank you for your patience and posting links.

I have been doing some digging and it seems the numbers relate to meanings and I looked up the numbers and they all seem to have pretty much the same meanings.

So for example, 15 is Bear etc

I thought that each Lenormard deck had its own meanings but it seems not. I was really confused by the lack of title on the card as I wasn't sure what the pictures were. Then I realised that the numbers are the key not the picture...

Anyway, then I did some more digging and saw that the numbers combine to give a combined meaning. I also realised that you don't need positional meanings for the cards just lay three cards and look at the numbers to give you the meaning by looking it up.

So I think I have worked it out and will take it from here. I will look at the resources that you posted and thank you for doing that:)

prudence

Hi Caridwen,

here's a link to meanings that had been posted a few years back. I think it is the German tradition.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=81619&page=8

It should help to get you started, but it doesn't get into how to combine the cards, which I'm sure there must be a thread covering that somewhere. I've only just started trying to use/learn Lenormand myself. Hopefully someone else will post some links that are more in depth than the one I posted.

caridwen

Hi Caridwen,

here's a link to meanings that had been posted a few years back. I think it is the German tradition.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=81619&page=8

It should help to get you started, but it doesn't get into how to combine the cards, which I'm sure there must be a thread covering that somewhere. I've only just started trying to use/learn Lenormand myself. Hopefully someone else will post some links that are more in depth than the one I posted.

These meanings are different to the ones I have been familiarising myself with! So it seems there are different meanings or different traditions!! I think I'm going to stick with what I have been doing as this is getting confusing. The resource I posted for combinations also has card explanations so I'm going to stick with those for the time being. :)

greatdane

There ARE different traditions

There are different ways to combine the cards. Prudence mentioned the German. There is French, there is Russian. I have found the meanings quite similar for the most part, it's how people combine them.