Searching for Minchiate Al Leone

Cerulean

Eureka! I may have found it...

http://www.delprado.it/

Click on carta di gioco....

I'm in like...thanks for the Minchiate threads here--I think I may have found a special gift.....!

Cerulean

Moonbow

I agree Marie this is a lovely deck.

I have the Minchiate Fiorentine (solleone) on my wishlist but this one is very special.

Looks like they only take orders inside of Italy though. :( (unless I got that wrong).

Moonbow*

Cerulean

I sent an email request...

to the Del Prado site after registering asking if I can arrange for a shipment outside to the U.S. for their "March 2004" issue of the Minchiate Leone, also asking for cost of this 'special order" if they do such things.

If others have Italian vendors or residents who would be kind enough, of course I am hoping to pay for their assistance! I realize this is a modern reproduction and may not be available to me...but I'm hopeful.

Perhaps if other people send requests initiated from different places, the vendor will think about supplying other areas...I enjoy the old fashioned styles and reproductions very much. So if you are hoping to buy as well, let me know what you've done and if you are successful!

And I'll update if I hear anything.

Regards,

Cerulean

Moonbow

I will do the same and email them unless....

a very kind Italian member can do the ordering for us? :)

If it suits them better, they can send two decks to me and I will ship one to you.

Can anyone help with this?

TheOld

what an addicted one would do to have his stuff he ! LOL

Cerulean

Funny--I agree and I laugh with you...as I've also helped others

obtain their cherished or hoped for title in paper form. It sometimes surprises me as well what is of interest to others.

Overall, I do think it's an odd and yet warm delight to know these older designs and games have value to others in this day and age of mechanical bits and bytes.

I'm very glad that sometimes I can assist people to name something that helps them in their chosen learning!

and I've heard them say what you said, a sweet chuckle, a grin in their voice...

Of course, if it doesn't come about, that's okay. A small hope, not a big deal.

Thanks for those who shared a smile and interest in this thread. If nothing else, hope the pretty scans of the old decks add to anyone's enjoyment.

Cheers!

Cerulean

Moonbow

Well, they won't send out of Italy it seems. Here's the response I got from Del Prado Publishers:

"First of all, thank you very much for your interest in our collections.
I am afraid the card collection is not available in the UK, and we are not allowed to send single issues overseas."

Shame..

full deck

Heavens . . .

I do like this deck as well but have no one I could mention in Italy. What a queer company! I guess foreign postal service is a novelty to them then.

catlin

So we have some more options to try out:

1) involve one of our Italian Anetties for assistance or

2) see if some more of us are interested in this deck and ask the delPrado guys if they were willing to mail say 5 decks abroad or

3) suggest this deck to one of the nice folk like tarotgarden or houseoftarot if they plan to put this one into their range

What do you think?