Should I crochet a set of Tarot Bags?

Sinduction

I've made spread cloths. I do a heart shaped, a giant circle like the one on llewelyn's page. Here's the link, and also a kind of half circle. There are some pics on my site, which I really must update! :D

I find I must use a single strand and a g hook for my cloths so the stitches are close together.

You might be surprised how difficult it was to make a pattern for the circular decks!! I just might share that pattern with fellow ATers. :D

eta: I love how your bags open that way. It's quite a surprise!

Little Hare

Thanks for the Llwellyn link I like that star reading mat hmm another thing to add to my already growing crochet list.

I'd love a reading mat done like a spiders web i think that would be pretty cool :D.

thanks for the compliment on the bags. I prefer my bags to be like cases so I can just chuck them in my bag and let them be rough and tumble.
I like your half crochet mat on your website it looks great

Teheuti

Round Bags

silverwings94 said:
Does anyone have a pattern to do a round tarot bag? I just got the Circle of Life tarot and would love to crochet a bag for it
S
I don't know how to crochet, but if you want to try knitting you could use this pattern as a base:
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/clothpinwheel.htm
or any of the others at:
http://dishandwashclothmania.com/knit-cloths-round/

I'd knit two, making them larger than the deck, stitch them half way around and add three buttons with loops to close the top or put in a zipper. Beware - I've never tried this!

Sinduction

I am 90% sure I sent her my pattern (I know I sent it to someone) but if I didn't she can pm me. :D

I'm intrigued by the spider web idea. It would be really open unless you just did it by color, like white on a black background. With a spider in the middle.

But then I found this! It's small but easily customizable. We should do a crochet-along. :D

Little Hare

Oooooh A crochet along :D Yeah I was thinking of the spiderweb being open, it would be suitable for tarot cards, but probably not for runes or oracle stones. I can picture what i want in my head :laugh: but getting it created is another thing entirely.

Sinduction

So, I was inspire by Mary's bags but I hate to knit! I do tunisian crochet which is king of knitting and crocheting together and this is what I came up with. I used the three color tunisian.

It's for my Transparent tarot. I'm not sure why I chose those colors but I think it works.

Click Me!

Sidhe-Ra

Sinduction said:
So, I was inspire by Mary's bags but I hate to knit! I do tunisian crochet which is king of knitting and crocheting together and this is what I came up with. I used the three color tunisian.

It's for my Transparent tarot. I'm not sure why I chose those colors but I think it works.

Click Me!

Gorgeous! And incidentally one of my new favourite colour combinations. :)

Em xx

Little Hare

Nice one sinduction! Very pretty :thumbsup:

Sinduction

Thanks! :D

Here's some more:

Giger Deck.

And the Llewelyn spread cloth, I think I posted the link to the pattern earlier. Here's my finished spread cloth.

Sinduction

Another, for my revelations deck.

That's it for a few days. Working on something very special for my Green Man Tree Oracle. If it turns out, it will be amazing!! :D