Should I crochet a set of Tarot Bags?

Sinduction

I just can't stop making bags!

I've begun to use metallic thread, I think it is used for plastic canvas, as a trim. It really gives it something more.

Here's the bag for my Legacy and BG

I also made this bag for someone on here, forget their user name, for the Golden Bottecelli. I think it is my favorite bag so far.

From any of those links you can see my full Tarot folder.

Anyone else making new bags?? :D

BeyondtheVeil

missycab said:
I like to crochet tarot bags. It's simple and nice! I used some wool I had at home.

Here's a picture:

raffle.jpg

Your bags are lovely Lillie! :thumbsup: Good idea... fillet crochet... (at home we have all the curtains made of fillet crochet, made by my grandma or my mom)

I like your tarot bag missycab! I like that shape and style. I have one that is multi colored {rainbow colored} with black throughout. It has a black top/bottom and draw string. {I did not make it, but got it from a friend}.

rainbowmoon

I was just thinking to myself I wanted to make some tarot bags for a couple of new decks I have/getting and embellish them with crystals and beads. Then I found this thread! :D Very timely! I love crocheting too!

BeyondtheVeil

I would definitely make yourself some crochet tarot bags if you so desire. I have had one for almost 10 years. I bought it from someone when I bought my first Tarot deck. {I never read with it and it has been in storage}. The crochet bag has held up well for the many moves, being stored, etc that it has endured. The one I bought was custom and it was a rainbow {dark colors like deep red, purple, yellow, blue, etc. Not pastel colors}. It had black thread though out and the top/bottom and draw string are also black.

Good luck to you! I hope to see what you decided to make.

BTV

Melisandre

Would any of you suggest using all-natural yarns over synthetics for a project like this?

Morwenna

I guess it comes down to your feelings about the esoteric benefits of natural fibers vs. the durability and the stability of shape and the ease of care of synthetic fibers.

Teheuti

Would any of you suggest using all-natural yarns over synthetics for a project like this?
I much prefer 100% cotton or a cotton/silk mix. The cotton is sturdy and not at all scratchy like wool (and no lanolin-which could affect the cards over time). Most cottons are slick enough that you can make the bag fairly tight yet not have any problem sliding the cards in and out. There are some beautiful cottons out there now.

emmsma

I try to crochet bags for all my bags. I have many in acrylic yarns, but I've found a brand of cotton yarn that I'm rather fond of, so I'm making most with that now.

nisaba

I was wondering what the community thought about Crochet Tarot Bags for long-term use?

I crocheted a wallet-y type thing for a deck that I got in 1992. I keep the deck in that. It has lasted nearly twenty years, and is as good as the day I made it. Does that count? <grin>

I used eight-ply acrylic.