Should I crochet a set of Tarot Bags?

ribbitcat

I am intrigues by the idea of ribbon ...kinda like a rag rug thing ?
Is it possible at all, does anyone have any pics of a crocheted ribbon bag ?

ribbit

SharonS

StellarMyst said:
How many yards of Ribbon would I need?

ty in adv,

~StellarMyst

Sorry.. I haven't been on in a few days...busy, busy. I'm not sure about how much ribbon, I didn't measure, but I'll try and check on that and get a picture up ribbitcat, soon as I get my digital cam to working (the cord won't hook in properly anymore so the computer doesn't read that it's connected).

So did you get some supplies for your next project?:)

~SharonS

ribbitcat

Hiya :)

Wasn't me that was starting a new project :) Finishing loads of old ones is more me ! ;-)

ribbit

SharonS

ribbitcat said:
Hiya :)

Wasn't me that was starting a new project :) Finishing loads of old ones is more me ! ;-)

ribbit

Sorry, I should've said that i meant that for Stellarmyst:) I was saying about the pic to you:)

I know what you mean, I've got a few old projects I need to finish, lol.
~SharonS

StellarMyst

SharonS said:
Sorry.. I haven't been on in a few days...busy, busy. I'm not sure about how much ribbon, I didn't measure, but I'll try and check on that and get a picture up ribbitcat, soon as I get my digital cam to working (the cord won't hook in properly anymore so the computer doesn't read that it's connected).

So did you get some supplies for your next project?:)

~SharonS
Not yet on the supplies, but I will hopefully in the next day or two. I tried a swatch of two ribbons together: Dark Purple, & Violet the result? Stunning! Unfortunately, I don't have a way to post a picture.

I'd like to do one in a slate grey along side silver (kinda like the corset worn by the Queen of swords in the Fenestra Deck.) on one side of the bag (made of 1/8 inch ribbon), and on the RX of the bag, The rose & gold of the Back of the cards of the same deck.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance! :D

morticia monroe

Beautiful bags, everyone!

Remember that just about anything that can be made into long strips can be crocheted into a bag. Worsted-weight yard does produce a rather thick bag, and cotton thread takes some time,,,there is also sport yarn (what some refer to as baby yarn) and it comes in nice colors, many with threads of gold or silver woven in.

Also remember that cloth can be used for crocheting as well. Cottons are especially easy to work with. It's like when you use blue jeans to crochet a rag rug; just cut the material into thin strips, and you're off...you can knot the ends together to make a rustic type bag, or simply work them in as you go.

I'd love to see the ribbon bags, they do sound lovely.

Also, the flexibility and stretch of your bag is going to basically be determined by the stitch you use, and how tight your stitches are.

SharonS

StellarMyst said:
Not yet on the supplies, but I will hopefully in the next day or two. I tried a swatch of two ribbons together: Dark Purple, & Violet the result? Stunning! Unfortunately, I don't have a way to post a picture.

I'd like to do one in a slate grey along side silver (kinda like the corset worn by the Queen of swords in the Fenestra Deck.) on one side of the bag (made of 1/8 inch ribbon), and on the RX of the bag, The rose & gold of the Back of the cards of the same deck.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance! :D
That does sound stunning! Dark purple and Violet are gorgeous together. I haven't seen the Queen of Swords in the Fenestra Deck, but I looked it up here and seen the back with the rose and gold and I think that's a great idea! That would be beautiful, and maybe on the bottom a few strings of ribbon with beads attached looped through to compliment the colors would look good, too(just shootin' ideas:) )

~SharonS