Signs and Symptons of Inner Peace

AquarianGoddess

Saw this on the Internet and like the sound of it......

A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experience.
An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
Loss of interest in judging other people.
Loss of interest in judging self.
Loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
Loss of ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom).
Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
Frequent attacks of smiling through the eyes from the heart.
Increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
Increased susceptibility to love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
Warning: If you have all or even most of the above symptoms, please be advised that your condition of PEACE may be so far advanced as not to be curable.
Author unknown

melikka

hi there AG! beautiful isn't it. the more we follow the path to our true being (our innerselves, that who we really are), these things will come naturally to us. anything else is an act of the ego. my husband always says that we should do things for others out of love and not because we feel we have to (from a sence of responsibility). I know for a fact (having changed so much over the last five years) that all of the above (which you wrote down) will come in time but only if you are genuine with yourself. :) once you are on the path towards finding yourself - there is no going back ;D sometimes it can be frustrating but all you need is faith (in yourself).

Malachite

Damn. I'm healthy.

Malachite

Scorpion

Well, I was suffering from Inner Peace until recently: I'm soooooo glad I'm cured!

Kiama

Now, here's the question:

Aswell as inner peace causing these symptoms do you think doing all those things could lead to inner peace?

Kiama

*Who hasn't got all the symptoms. Yet.*

jade

ag,

you and i would get along very well indeed IRL. perhaps someday we wil meet.

in light,
:)
jade

Scorpion

Quote:Kiama (09 Feb, 2002 03:51):
Now, here's the question:

Aswell as inner peace causing these symptoms do you think doing all those things could lead to inner peace?

Quite possibly, but I'm not going to risk it - how about you go out ahead and check it out?!

AquarianGoddess

Melikka, agree with your husband, doing good deeds in life must come from one's heart, if not, it's a phoney thing and one will not erase negative karma by being a phoney.

LouiQ-sorry to hear that you're cured! How did that happen?

Jade-Agree, it would be so nice to meet and if it doesn't happen in this life, it will happen in the next.

It's my belief that finding inner peace stems from the person's mind, changing one's thinking and attitude. Often in life a catalyst is placed in our path and that precipitates inner changes.

Scorpion

Quote:AquarianGoddess (10 Feb, 2002 00:08):
LouiQ-sorry to hear that you're cured! How did that happen?

Second attempt - ignore it if the first pops back up!

Long story AG, so I'll try not to make you sorry you asked! To cut it down to basics, my partner's ex-wife used to be great but has lost the plot badly over the last 6-12 months (I doubt anybody who knows her will be reading this and if they are, they won't believe it!). There are kids involved so our hands are tied: they get used as weapons whatever we do.

What worries me most is that, being a true Scorp, this is going to bring out my "other", destructive side. I have enough ammunition to cause real psychological damage and the ruthless streak that means I will use it if pushed too far. I know what I'm dealing with because my mother brought me up on her own and I used to have to endure all this behaviour from her: it's about controlling absolutely everything and everybody around you. I can almost tell what's coming next! (Didn't somebody suggest a mother/daughter relationship thread?!)

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one in this sort of position and all positive advice gratefully received - before I start preparing for that Black Mass!!! :) I have asked the cards a couple of times and they seem to indicate that things have to get worse before they get better and I'm to remain calm, balanced and reasonable (I HATE that Temperance card!).

Sorry for going off-base: I know this wasn't where this thread was supposed to lead, but thanks for listening!