spirit guides?

jenessa

I recently started another thread in this forum re: "strange occurence", which ties-in with the question(s) I have about spirit guides.

Or rather should I say, considering what I experienced, others have replied that perhaps a spirit was @ work. & Now that i've given this more thought, i'm beginning to wonder whether I encountered a spirit guide?

I never seem to have any luck when I do "searches", and as I know nothing about spirit guides any info. about this subject would be much appreciated.

Also for those of you who have one, can you tell me how you came to have one?

nisaba

Um ... what Tarot cards are you referring to here?

Alta

Hi jenessa,

Since this is a tarot section, I have to ask if your question is about finding spirit guides through tarot, otherwise the subscriber section Spirituality is the place to discuss this topic.

Thanks,
Alta

stone_lotus

I'm not completely certain what you're asking, but if you're looking to use tarot to explore the idea of spirit guides, or to get in touch with your own spirit guide(s), I tried a spread from the Spread Index here on the AE forum a couple of weeks ago, with interesting results:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23957

jenessa

Since this is a tarot section, I have to ask if your question is about finding spirit guides through tarot
Yes, I want to know if its possible to encounter & otherwise meet a spirit guide, in the course of handling the cards.

& As far as spirit guides & tarot go, altho I know nothing about this, i'm wondering whether the spirit that made itself known to the reader, would want to be involved so as to guide & otherwise facilitate the reading in some way?

jenessa

Um ... what Tarot cards are you referring to here?
I'm referring to the Tarot Lovers tarot deck. & I'm also referring to the other thread I started in this forum, entitled: strange occurrence - disappearing Queen of Wands.

& What i'm getting at, is that my experience with this deck was inexplicable. & After describing what happened, some of those who replied suggested the possibility that the movement in the cards may have been caused by a "spirit". & Having given this some thought, it dawned on me that maybe this strange occurence was a SIGN that my spirit guide wanted to make itself known.

Note: I don't have a spirit guide that i'm aware of, and I don't know anything about such things, tho i'm wondering if spirits can come thru to guide a reading?

Also Note: you actually posted in the strange occurrence thread and made the suggestion that the cards may have gotten stuck together. However, i don't think that was the case.

nisaba

There are spirits and spirit guides everywhere. Some are currently living in bodies. Get to know them - make friends and mentors of them. Others aren't. Get to know them, too. I can't tell you how to tell if they're around - it's different for everyone.

Every so often I'll pull out a deck and ask "What does the Bearded Lady / Hilarion / the Grey One want to tell me today", those three nicknames being for entities I deal with on a fairly regular basis. I'll read the cards as statements out of their mouths.

Burning myrrh resin on charcoal is a pretty good way to get the attention of people who are not currently in bodies, whether you want to call them ghosts or spirit guides or lost friends or whatever.

OaksWhispering

I do believe you have a spirit guide (I believe we all do)
I do know if what happened with your cards was spirit, but I believe spirit tries to get our attention in various ways, so it would certainly be possible for them to try and make contact by using your cards. You might want to try using this message from spirit guide spread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=113333

jenessa

There are spirits and spirit guides everywhere. Some are currently living in bodies. Get to know them - make friends and mentors of them. Others aren't. Get to know them, too. I can't tell you how to tell if they're around - it's different for everyone.
I've never thot much about spirits, tho as i've indicated I did see the spectre of a lady one time when I was looking thru the mirror above my dresser, and lo & behold I saw her standing a short distance behind me. & As she was also standing in front of my antique china cabinet, which has bevelled glass all across the front, and which was directly across from & otherwise behind my dresser mirror, i've always thot in terms of her appearing as a reflection.

Tho thing was, she startled me, so I took one look & then left the room. Or in otherwords, I never really checked her out, because the look in her eyes was terrifying, not to mention that she had cropped hair which made me think that she was mad .. kinda like a text book case of someone who loses it & cuts off all their hair. So my take was that she was not a friendly sort. & The other thing that struck me was the absence of colour, in the sense that altho this all happened within a space of a few seconds, i did distinctly see the full figure of a woman, but her overall appearance was dark, in the sense that she was completely devoid of colour. (dark dress, dark hair, very dark eyes, and limbs that appeared gray).

So given my one & only experience with a spirit, i'm not sure whether i'm keen to try and initiate contact, tho if I thot a friendly spirit was trying to make itself known by coming across in a reading with the intent of guiding the reading, i would be open to this and otherwise welcome this kind of mentor.

I've never heard of spirits that live in bodies. But i'm wondering if this would tie-in with reincarnation &/or how you view "spirit"? In any event, i don't have an opinion in this regard, given that I don't have much experience with these types of things. & Tho i'm aware that some people on the forums do "past life readings", i don't read this way.

But I do alot of open readings, where I simply ask the cards to show me what I need to know. So i tend to focus on the message the cards have for me. & The more I think about this strange occurence, something you said has got me thinking:
... what Tarot cards are you referring to here?
The more I thot about the 9 & 10 of Wands, (which were the two cards that were originally missing), it dawned on me that my birthday is coming up Oct. 9 (9th day of the 10th month).

Furthermore, as I may go a month or more without reading, i'm beginning to wonder if the disappearing Queen was intended to catch my attention & otherwise designed to draw my focus to the numbers of the missing cards. Especially considering that I sometimes read with non-scenic pips, and was looking forward to doing so with this particular deck.

So perhaps the new deck was simply trying to catch my attention by 'wishing' me a happy birthday? Leastways, the more I think about it, its not such a stretch given that my birthdays just around the corner, and as I don't read with any frequency perhaps the deck (spirit guide) wanted to catch my attention & otherwise indulge my penchant for reading non-scenic pips, by showcasing the "missing card numbers"?

Also as far as showcasing the missing card numbers, as i've mentioned the 9 & 10 of Cups also appeared to be marked in some way. So as a whole, this deck seemed to be highlighting the numbers 9&10.

& As far as the disappearing Queen, as I say, she may have gone amiss to show me that there was more to the deck than just missing cards. OR perhaps my mom came thru, given that she passed away a few years ago. Not to mention, that if the 9 & 10 relate to my birthday, then it would make sense that my mom would use the missing numbers as a means of flaging my attention.

Hmmn, my mom and I weren't close, and she didn't know I was into tarot. Tho we did love one another, and the whole mother/daughter bond has significance re: my birthday.

Burning myrrh resin on charcoal is a pretty good way to get the attention of people who are not currently in bodies, whether you want to call them ghosts or spirit guides or lost friends or whatever.
Thank you for the tip, i may use this sometime, just depends on whether i experience anything else along these lines.

I do believe you have a spirit guide (I believe we all do)
I don't know if what happened with your cards was spirit, but I believe spirit tries to get our attention in various ways, so it would certainly be possible for them to try and make contact by using your cards.
This is what I wanted to know. Or rather should I say, i'd wondered if a spirit could try and make contact thru the cards.

Tho i was also wondering, if the role of the spirit would be to guide the reading? &/Or if it would only make it's presence known, when it wanted to participate in the reading?

I also want to thank you for the link. I'm still not sure if I want to go there, so to speak. Indeed, i think i'll wait until I get the replacement deck I have on order, and maybe do some kind of new deck interview to see what's up.

REGARDS/jenessa

peacelilly

Jenessa,
I am another believer in spirit guides. Mine came to me through automatic writing. There are guided meditations to help you contact and get to know your spirit guides.

IMO, (but I'm not a medium!) the lady spirit you had contact with may or may not be one of your spirit guides. I 'feel' mine and I can 'hear' them, but other than a light orb I have never seen one. I think a medium could tell you more.

IMO, your spirit guides will not try to scare you. When I first started I would get spooked and the spirit immediately stop all communication. Your spirit guides look out for you. I have felt someone's face so close to mine in bed I felt like they were almost touching me. I sensed this was a spirit, but not one of my guides. No message! and I asked them to go away and they did. You can stop them from invading your private space.

Very interesting, please post if you find out more. I have my RW tarot cards all spread out everywhere studying and they are the only ones I can read at the moment. I really want to just put them all back in place and try the spirit spreads posted. But, I am easily side tracked lol!