spirit guides?

nisaba

not to mention that she had cropped hair which made me think that she was mad ..
I have short hair. Come to that, you might have a point. :) But I have perfectly normal friends who have short hair.

I've never heard of spirits that live in bodies.
You don't have a spirit? Your friends don't have spirits? Aren't you alive? What is the difference between your body five minutes before death and five minutes after death? The only difference is that while you are alive your spirit is in your body, and when you're dead it isn't.

A person who lives in a body (like you or me) is not much different to a person who isn't currently living in a body, except that we get to enjoy the pleasures of the flesh and they don't - not until next time they're born, anyway.

This is what I wanted to know. Or rather should I say, i'd wondered if a spirit could try and make contact thru the cards. [/QUO TE]
Why wait? Why not just be proactive and shuffle the cards and ask what {someone you know who has died} would like to tell you?

celticnoodle

I have short hair. Come to that, you might have a point. :) But I have perfectly normal friends who have short hair.

:laugh: Oh, nisaba, sometimes you are too much!

This is what I wanted to know. Or rather should I say, i'd wondered if a spirit could try and make contact thru the cards.

Spirits can make contact in many ways--not just through the cards. In fact, they are making contact--or trying to anyway, with you EVERY day! If you are interested in making contact with your spirit guide, you can try using the tarot cards, oracle cards OR any cards to do so. But, IMHO, the best way is to do this through meditation. And, before hand, start out TALKING to them! Whether you speak to your long deceased favorite grandmother, or your spirit guide--talking to them and telling them how much you'd like to contact them will help to bring them through to you. Ask for a sign of some sort from them, so you will know when they are coming to you. Then, look for that sign. AND meditate also! Ask them to come to you in your meditations. It may not happen the first meditation, but it will happen.

There is nothing to fear--but I will and do strongly suggest that you also protect yourself and ground yourself. You can find tips for this here on A.T. as well as just by googling. Your deceased loved ones will not want to hurt you--they are around you and want to let you know this. They will help you, if you allow them to do so. They are always near us most when we need them to be and when we are thinking and talking to them. So do so!

And, everyone has spirit guides, whether you believe it or not. You have many guides with you all the time, 24/07. They will help you when you really need it, but especially when you begin to ask them for that help and then thank them afterwards for it as well.

There are some great spreads here on A.T. to help you meet up with your spirit guides and also with your deceased loved ones or spirits you 'feel' are around you. Search them out or just ask a question and lay out the cards w/o any specific spread in mind. Just be open to it and accepting of it.

SunChariot

I recently started another thread in this forum re: "strange occurence", which ties-in with the question(s) I have about spirit guides.

Or rather should I say, considering what I experienced, others have replied that perhaps a spirit was @ work. & Now that i've given this more thought, i'm beginning to wonder whether I encountered a spirit guide?

I never seem to have any luck when I do "searches", and as I know nothing about spirit guides any info. about this subject would be much appreciated.

Also for those of you who have one, can you tell me how you came to have one?

I did to see your other post, but as for Spirit Guides, here is my understanding of that. Spirit Guides are similar to angels. The main difference being that angels have never lived in human form and Spirit Guides have lived in human form but are currently taking on the same role that our angels do, to look after us and guide us from another realm.

Often when our loved ones, parent or grandparents, aunts of uncles pass on of course they still love us and choose to keep looking after us. That is one way you can come to have one. Your loved ones who want to protect you so much in life just keep on doing so in the next realm.

Otherwise, in my understanding, we are born with our Spirit Guides in place to guide and watch over us, just was we are all born with guardian angels.

In my personal life, I have been told now by 3 different people, who each knew nothing about the others that they saw a Native American male watching over me. They all 3 individually separately saw him there. I even have sketches of him from 2 of those people.

When the last one spoke to him for me I was told that during his lifetime on earth, which was about 300 or 400 years ago or so, I was HIS Spirit Guide for him in that lifetime. And I loved him deeply at the time and watched over him lovingly and he said he was honoured to be in that role for me now and the feelings were mutual.

Babs

SunChariot

Yes, I want to know if its possible to encounter & otherwise meet a spirit guide, in the course of handling the cards.

& As far as spirit guides & tarot go, altho I know nothing about this, i'm wondering whether the spirit that made itself known to the reader, would want to be involved so as to guide & otherwise facilitate the reading in some way?

Yes. I believe it's possible. The 3 people who were in contact with mine did it through the cards. I don't see why you can't contact your own with your own cards as well.

Actually, my belief anyway is that that is what Tarot always is for me, a direct communication with my angels/guides. But you can ask them questions directly with the cards, why not?

I find my scrying is a great tool for that though. I have more than once seen them visually in my crystal balls. Sometimes as a whole body view but sometimes as a closeup of the face. Those are the moments that really touch me and feel most real. To SEE them face to face, that to me really touches me deeply. It feels more real somehow.

Babs

jenessa

...that is what Tarot always is for me, a direct communication with my angels/guides.

But you can ask them questions directly with the cards, why not?
I get that you could ask them questions with the cards, tho when I first posted I was unclear as to whether spirit guides only came across in the course of a tarot reading.

Or in otherwords, I wasn't sure if what people referred to as spirit guides, only made themselves known thru the cards for the purpose of guiding the reading.

However, from what people have posted, it appears that altho they may appear via the cards, they can also manifest in other ways.

For my part, i've never thot in terms of angels or guardian angels. Nor have I ever thot about demons. Tho given my experience, i think its possible that the spirit (soul) of a deceased person, might linger and show itself as a ghost.

& As far as past lives &/or reincarnation, i have not formed an opinion in this regard. Or rather should I say, the closest i've come to personally experiencing anything that made me think I may have had a connection to the past, was a series of other worldly dreams I had at one time.

& I posted about these dreams quite awhile ago on one the forums. Not sure which, nor do I know how to post links. In any event, i may post later tonite just to touch on this briefly, tho for the moment I have other things to do.

...i'd wondered if a spirit could try and make contact thru the cards.
..Why wait? Why not just be proactive and shuffle the cards and ask what {someone you know who has died} would like to tell you?
I'm more interested in what I experience, versus taking steps to try & have an experience with a spirit (or spirit guide). Or in otherwords, i'd prefer to wait & see if anything else unusual occurs.

I find my scrying is a great tool for that though. I have more than once seen them visually in my crystal balls. Sometimes as a whole body view but sometimes as a closeup of the face. Those are the moments that really touch me and feel most real. To SEE them face to face, that to me really touches me deeply. It feels more real somehow.Babs
Fascinating. I haven't a clue about either scrying or crystal balls, tho i'd like to learn more about the use of these someday when I have more time. Or rather should I say, I haven't managed to find the time to devote to tarot, let alone expand my studies .. but maybe someday.