Stars = longing?

214red

in mine there is a telescope , so its something you dont have yet but its 'written in the stars', thats they only way i could link it to longing, longing for the future to be here in the present

lord_ewin

in my deck its never come up for money its alwys something water, your unconscious, your soul, emotional or soul communication. also on the mystical the fish looks like it wants to be in he house, he is longing to be somewhere else.

Yeah, we're getting into semantics for certain, but I have a very hard time seeing anything mystical about fish... there are plenty of other cards for that in my opinion (from a Judeo-Christian POV), but that's just varying experiences, but I'd hardly get spiritual with anything that gapes at me through the fish tank, or stinks like high heavens on a plate next to rice and veggies.

Fish is food and it used to represent an UNLIMITED Resource (as abundant as the fish in the seas), hence my economic concept for it.

Now, ask me if the sea is spiritual? I'd tell you heck yes, but that card's main idea to me, is fish. Not the ocean. That's just my cultural bias though. ;)

BrightEye said:
The other card was Flowers. I wanted to know how someone who lives in another country at the moment feels. Hopeful about something I guess?

Happiness (bouquet) and stars (wish)... wishes for happiness. If someone is wishing or wistful for something, it's that they don't have what they want or are hoping for. I'd say the person does feel that something is missing, and is perhaps longing for something.

I've always thought the stars as something comforting... like when you leave everything in the hands of a higher power and that all will turn out right. Believing in fate, that something is written in the stars, that there's something bigger than me looking out over us and orchestrating everything around us. It's letting yourself go to that power, leaving it to the celestial plans... There's a lot of Saint Francis in the way I see it:

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. The courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."

214red said:
can anyone see the star card as distance?

Sure, but I'd usually see that more as a mountain. Again, semantics.

Ronia

I'm also one of those who try to stay away from interpreting pictures with the Lenormand which has quite precise meanings in general. Otherwise I get very confused and strain from the Lenormand towards Tarot, Gypsy or whatever else I can think of. Therefore, the Stars is a card of serenity, calmness, it gives hope and is almost 100% of the time a happy card. There must be many negative cards around to smash it. At the end of a negative row the Stars brings a positive conclusion. In tough times Stars brings serenity out of a sudden. It often can bring an unexpected resolution when all seems darkest. Especially if accompanied by the Scythe or the Key. I don't even see the wishing part of it because it's a material card overall. It does bring results. :)

Fish to me means "deepening" but only when in combo with other cards pointing at emotional connection - a personal card, or Heart, Ring, Moon, Bouquet, sometimes Tree. Otherwise it's plain money and business, entrepreneurship.

214red

What about the star as a sandwich card, i keep getting the star either on its own or sandwiched between the man and woman card, if it were glue...what type of glue would it be between them?
I find the star card difficult as a connection card, on its own its okay, but between people cards ...not there yet

lord_ewin

How about 'Star Struck' Lovers as Shakespeare described it? :D

Richard

......Also, is the Tarot Star similar in meaning to the Lenormand Stars?
For the Tarot Star I start with Court de Gébelin's interpretation as the star Sirius, whose appearance in the early morning sky signalled the annual flooding of the Nile, which provided a natural irrigation essential for the production of food for the Egyptians. I.e., the Star can signify hope, nourishment, fertility.

According to Serena Powers' web site, the Lenormand Stars can mean hopes, dreams, directions, possible success. It is certainly not dissimilar to the Tarot Star.

ana luisa

can anyone see the star card as distance?
Yes! finding your way in the dark just by following the stars lead. It does suggest living in faith and trusting your destiny to a higher force, in that respect.

monisina

in my deck its never come up for money its alwys something water, your unconscious, your soul, emotional or soul communication. also on the mystical the fish looks like it wants to be in he house, he is longing to be somewhere else.

I exactly agree with your interpretation of Fish. When I start to take interest in spiritual side of my life and working on my self - Fish card started to appear very often in my reading.

But longing used to be connected with Ship.

FLizarraga

Absolutely, especially in a French context. "J'ai perdu ma bonne étoile..." is an expression signifying the lost of a love interest. It also means that fate has abandoned me, or no longer smiles at me... but like Alyna points out, it's rather negative so make sure the surrounding cards support this.

Interesting! In Spanish, the same expression mostly means to lose your good fortune, but it could also be applied to a love interest. Same as in French, but in reverse.