Tales from the Darkside - "In the Cards"

MantraTarot

anyone ever see this show? i used to love it as a child. watching a marathon of it right now.

but anyhoo... there's one episode in the first season called: "in the cards." thought i'd post the link to it here if anyone is interested in watching it.

http://youtu.be/IKSKoWX9Ky8

and if for some reason the link is against posting policy and has to be removed, just go to YouTube and type in Tales from the Darkside In the Cards and you should be able to find it.

Winterchild

Youtube

Thanks for the link...not heard of it but will check it out :) I have lived a TV less life....!

moonweaver

Thank you so much MantraTarot! Watching this made my night! So deliciously campy and awesome!!

"Either this is some sort of foolish game, or we must accept the power of the cards, even if they don't always smile."

Words to live by, my friends. :D

MantraTarot

Thank you so much MantraTarot! Watching this made my night! So deliciously campy and awesome!!

"Either this is some sort of foolish game, or we must accept the power of the cards, even if they don't always smile."

Words to live by, my friends. :D

haha yep! and it starred the woman who played the daughter-in-law on MAMA'S FAMILY to boot!

when you saw the spread that kept repeating, did you see "death" in those cards??? i thought they chose a strange card (upright) for death... although it made sense with the ending. :D

velvetina

"Iris, the cards say your boyfriends gonna die!!!"

love it!

tarotbear

She also used to play 'Opal' on 'All My Rotten Children.'

So ~ the moral of the story is:
SPOILER ALERT!
If you get a cursed tarot deck, trade it off AFTER you have your reading? :D

MantraTarot

Hahahhahaa!!!

moonweaver

haha yep! and it starred the woman who played the daughter-in-law on MAMA'S FAMILY to boot!

when you saw the spread that kept repeating, did you see "death" in those cards??? i thought they chose a strange card (upright) for death... although it made sense with the ending. :D

Wow, that really is the girl from Mama's Family! I didn't notice at first. LOL!!

I didn't see "death" at first, but you're right, the more you look at it, I could see the cards portraying death, or disaster at the very least.

I thought it was funny that all 3 card readers had the exact same deck of cards and the 2 ladies used the exact same spread. Actually, do you know what spread that is? Or was it just made up for the show you think?

Disa

woohoo. love it!

Psychebleu

I did recognize the lady from Mama's Family! love it
Don't recognize the spread. As I watched, I was thinking, "I have that deck!" and was going to go find it and pull it out. Then I realized that I had that deck -second one I ever bought, but I gave it to an ex, but not because it was cursed, I swear! lol