Tarot Addiction

Ruthann

Does anyone else have an addiction to Tarot? I mean, not only for reading but to collect decks for the images or for any other reason?

I made a wish list for dh about decks I'd like to obtain and he's like, "well, you read from two decks now and you have two others you play with and your Angel cards; how many more do you need?" (that's crazy talk!)

I told him I want to start collecting decks for the imagery and maybe redecorate the spare bedroom into my personal space with framed cards, because he doesn't want me having full-sized cards drawn/painted on the walls...freaks him out. lol

Emylicious

I completely agree.

I have an addiction :)

The last few days there have been chances to buy decks that I've wanted that I just couldn't refuse. Even though I can't really afford it!

I'm scared to check my bank balance!

But I would never have had the chance again, so it must have been meant to be, so who am I to say no!c ;D lol

Debra

Ruthann said:
Does anyone else have an addiction to Tarot? I mean, not only for reading but to collect decks for the images or for any other reason?

Oh no, certainly not, uh uh, never, not on your life, you can't be serious, no one here, nope, not us, absolutely positively not.

:rolleyes:

SphinYote

*Eyes thread and the previously posted threads with interest......does background check and trace on all members who posted on said threads, and finds their addresses*

*Sits some distance away in mysterious vehicle, watching their homes, learning their habits*

*Slips inside and steals all the decks while they are away*

Mwahahaha. Mine.....alll MINE.....

*Plots epic Kaplan heist, and McLean heist...*

Le Fanu

Ruthann said:

Nope... and not in denial or anything like that.

Golden Moon

In my case I do have a Tarot Addiction but it's more like a "Tarot-Window-Shopping" addiction. :D hahahahahahaha

Vesper

I'm sort of addicted to this forum.

Last year I went through an obsessive collection phase. I bought several decks a month, and I think I was addicted.

Then I woke up and realized I wasn't enjoying it anymore. Now I like to check out new decks and even admire them, without needing to buy them. Then again, sometimes I'll become aware that a deck is about to sell out, and I'll buy it at that point, just because I'm afraid I might have abstainer's remorse if I don't.

Basic Elements

I think quite a few people here on this forum suffer from tarot "addiction" or some other form of obsessive compulsiveness. It's quite disturbing actually.

SphinYote

Basic Elements said:
I think quite a few people here on this forum suffer from tarot "addiction" or some other form of obsessive compulsiveness. It's quite disturbing actually.

*Sneaks up on Basic Elements*

BOO!!

Do I.....disturb you?

*Fondles my card collection, with computer open to Amazon listing of tarots, another tab open to tarotgarden, and a third to alidastore......*

I can think of worse obsessions. Tarot is healthier than a lot of addictions....:p

How many decks could you buy with the same amount you otherwise might spend on alcohol or cigarettes? Which lasts longer? :p