Tarot bags

AmethystEyes

Just wondering what everyone else does. Do you have a bag for each of your decks? Or just your favorite(s)? I find it annoying to take them out of the box whenever I want to switch a deck. I like the bags better. But buying a bag for each deck seems kinda excessive to me. What do you all do?

MaryHeather

I have just sort of accumulated bags over the years. Decks I never use stay in their boxes, stored away. I used to keep the decks I used regularly in wooden boxes, but that got to be too much of of a PITA. I knit, so I have, on occasion raided my yarn stash to knit a bag or two. I've found several free patterns on Ravelry.

MissNine

I have a bag for each of mine. The new age store in town had nice velvet ones for a good price. :)

jolie_amethyst

All of mine that I use regularly are in bags. I hate wrestling with boxes to get them out, and hate the space those boxes take up too. Without the boxes, all of my most used decks fit neatly into a basket, and the rest fit into one small drawer.

My favorite cases come from Wyldechilde Creations on etsy, but I also have a gorgeous crocheted one from the etsy store SunBrightDay (Amsonia here on the forum), and a few I made myself even though I hate sewing. Pairing the right bag to each deck is half the fun!

Clockwork Ghost

I recently hit-up the local $2 shop (I think they're called Dollarsave, or something similar elsewhere in the world) for some bags. They were selling fabric drawstring bags for five for $2, little side satchels that would carry a couple of decks for $1 each, and packs that had multiple pockets inside for $5. I picked up quite a few bags for practically nothing. The bags aren't 'mystical', and aren't really that pretty, but for that price I don't really care.

AmethystEyes

I recently hit-up the local $2 shop (I think they're called Dollarsave, or something similar elsewhere in the world) for some bags. They were selling fabric drawstring bags for five for $2, little side satchels that would carry a couple of decks for $1 each, and packs that had multiple pockets inside for $5. I picked up quite a few bags for practically nothing. The bags aren't 'mystical', and aren't really that pretty, but for that price I don't really care.
Yes! I want them at that price!

Chrystella

Most of my decks are in their boxes. It's quick and easy to identify them that way. The ones that I'm working with regularly are moved into bags because I find that slipping them in and out of the boxes causes wear on the box and sometimes on the LWB if I'm not careful when I tuck that lid in. Also, some decks come with extra cards and I just leave those and the LWB in the box.

I would like to have more bags, but I'm picky. It has to be just the right one for the deck and I don't actively look for bags.

Nemia

I make my own bags, mostly. My most beautiful ones are made from silk that I painted and embroidered myself. I have no sewing machine but it's easy to sew them by hand.

Lately, I crochet most of my tarot bags. I also have some bought ones but I tend to prefer the self made ones.

I really like giving each deck a bag that suits its character and style.

Morrigaine

Here's something shameful... I keep my deck in an old vibrator bag. It only was used once and then my dog ate it... The bag is purple satin and the perfect size for my deck. I washed it first! I'll see my way out.

PirateQueen

I've been knitting bags for each of my decks. I've made three so far and as they are so quick to make the others won't have to wait long.