Tarot de Paris (17th Century)

thinbuddha

Are these decks people are buying recently a new printing, or the old printing? Can anyone post a pic of the box?

garmonbozia

:
Garmonbozia, thank you again for finding and sharing the link with us! i am still a bit in shock...

you are very welcome. all I did was share my beginner's luck. I wanted to post here as soon as I found the site but decided to wait to until I got my deck in case it wasn't legit or something.

garmonbozia

Are these decks people are buying recently a new printing, or the old printing? Can anyone post a pic of the box?

I don't have a digital camera, but I can scan the box if no one else can post some pics. The photo of the box on the website might be better than what I could provide with a scanner.

I am not sure if this guy has an old supply of the first printing or if this is a second printing. I sort of asked him this but I don't think he understood my question correctly (his English is good but not perfect). I'll post my email to and from him if I still have it and can find it.

As I have never held any other deck besides this one, I cannot tell from this deck itself. That may require someone with a first printing comparing it directly with one of these.

edited to add:
It looks like I only saved my first email exchange with him, and not the second, so I cannot share it. I did ask him who made this deck and where this printing came from and he misunderstood me and answered about the artist being unknown or anonymous. I was so happy with the deck I decided I didn't really care what kind of printing this was, so I didn't ask any further questions.

MoonGypsy

Scott, i can't post a pic of my box at the mo, either, but it is exactly like the one in this pic on the site where we bought ours:

http://sivilixi.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/jeu-tarot-paris2.jpg?w=640

The other side of the box has a pic of Le Monde

The top flap says: "CARTOMANCIE"

The Bottom flap says: " Fabrique en France"

The deck comes with 2 intro/title cards in French and English, and a lwb in French:
Among other things, It does say Limited Edition in bold print. It also says "copyright Andre Dimanche, 1985
Made in France

"Edited by Andre Dimanche, this exclusive reprinting of the Parisian Tarot pack is the first since the early 17th Century."

The lwb is 48 pages. The back cover of the lwb says:

copyright symbol--"Andre Dimanche, 1984
Societe Le jeu de Marseille
3, avenue Jules-Cantini
13006 Marseille
France"

And here is the a link to the website page where we bought it [so you don't have to scroll back looking for it]

http://editions-sivilixi.com/la-boutique/

The person who sent us our confirmation email is:

Patrick Coq

ETA: i just translated some of the info on the site page, which seems to indicate that this is a re-release, so yes, i would guess that means a 2newly printed 2nd edition:

"Rerelease of the Tarot of Paris, game of the XVII th century kept in the National Library of France. 78 CARDS + explanatory booklet."

But i am still THRILLED to have it; i can't imagine the first printing being any better than this one. i am very grateful to have it. :love:

i also gather from some of the other info i just translated, that this is the first of others they are planning on eventually reprinting. If i have understood wrongly, please someone correct me.

Sulis

Just ordered it - how exciting :).

SolSionnach

When they say
"Edited by Andre Dimanche, this exclusive reprinting of the Parisian Tarot pack is the first since the early 17th Century."
I take it to mean that this *is* the first reprint, since the other one, the one that people paid beaucoup bucks for, was reprinted well after the early 17th century!

It's by Grimaud. I think that's the one.

MoonGypsy

All i know is:

it is fantastic...what i hoped for and beyond..

i am so grateful to have this deck, and that is really the bottom line...No regrets.

Astraea

i am so grateful to have this deck, and that is really the bottom line...No regrets.
Yes, same here. The price is so reasonable, and the card quality is right up there with Flornoy's beautiful productions.

Greg Stanton

Every time I visit this damn site I spend money.