Tarot du Roy Nissanka

Cassandra022

So I have, as of late, been ogling online scans of this little beauty. It looks pretty damn amazing...love the incorporation of sri lankan mythology, the southeast asian art...and the minors or so so nicely illustrated, each one different not the lazy kind of minor illustration where everything is the same except for the number of suit symbols. i love how the swords are drawn.

first nusantara, then this...im starting to think i'm a sucker for southeast asian styled tarot art...

anyway, anyone have this deck? what do you think of it? how does it read?

also, anyone know how hard it is to get ahold of one/how rare it is/ballpark figure of how much it goes for?

Gerbear

I got this deck about seven years ago, but haven't used it much. It is available from Alida for about 20 Euros.

Le Fanu

You can still find it in islolated stockists here and there. I don't think it is OOP is it?

Am I right in thinking it is non-scenic? Decorative, but non-scenic.

I used to look at this deck a lot and think about buying it and come close to clicking (Yes, alida have it) but something always held me back. I don't quite know what. I think I just look at it and know deep down I'd never use it, whereas with other decks there is always the optimistic vow that I will, one day I will...

Cassandra022

yep, non scenic, but ever since i recently realized that i can read non-scenic quite decently now, well...that isnt really off putting to me anymore, plus i really like how these decorative ones look.

gerbear - any particular reason you don't really use?

hmm, totally didn't realize its on alida. i have a lot of trouble navigating that site for some reason but i'll see if i can find it. bought my delle vetrate from them as i recall

Gerbear

Cassandra022 said:
gerbear - any particular reason you don't really use?

Just sheer numbers. If I spent one week on each deck, it would take over 25 years to cover them all, and more are being added all the time.

Cassandra022

Gerbear said:
Just sheer numbers. If I spent one week on each deck, it would take over 25 years to cover them all, and more are being added all the time.

ah, ok, thats understandable. so there was nothing about it in particular that you didn't like/turned you off?

Kissa

Trimmable?

Hi,

my only question to the owners of the Tarot du Roy Nissanka is: is it trimmable? I mean, are all majors and minors the same size so that borders (where the title appear) can be easily removed without having to measure and cut differently each card in order to get same sized pieces?

Judging from the scans I think it is trimmable but I'd like confirmation.

Thank you very much in advance and Happy Holiday to everyone!!

Kissa

ETA: I find the font pretty awful, in addition to my instinctive dislike for borders in general

rwcarter

If I'm lucky, I'll get to my decks tomorrow (unpacking). If no one has answered by then, I will.

Rodney

rwcarter

Stalled on unpacking the decks yesterday, but was able to locate the Roy Nissanka. Compared both the Fool and the House of God to various Minors length- and width-wise and they line up, so I believe the Major and Minor images are the same size.

Kissa

THANK YOU Rodney!!!!! You are a terrible enabler, you know that? ;)

Well, I guess it's time to go and check Alida then...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday season to you, Rod!

:)

Kissa