Tarot gifts

Michelle

Great thread idea, Solitaire :).

I vote for candles, tarot bags, spread cloths, stones/crystals,essential oils, incense, and everything on Guiding Caldron's list :).

Namaste,
Michelle

AJ

I second and third rain checks for some readings. By any divination method.

Aulruna

My favourite gifts:

- The obvious ones - bags and spread cloths ;)

- On another list, we had CD exchanges with music that represented either e.g. all the Majors or various songs representing the different energies for the same card. It is fun and enlightening to put one of those together, and mine also come with tiny booklets for the lyrics.

- Self-made flash cards, position cards, or affirmation cards.

- Decoupaged tags for decks, to attach to your bags so you know what's inside

Annabelle

Aulruna said:
Decoupaged tags for decks, to attach to your bags so you know what's inside

Oooo......yes! This is a teriffic idea :).

Grizabella

One of my very favorite things to receive is those little tumbled stones. I just love the way they look, the way they feel, the way they sound when handled---there's something so serene and beautiful about them.

Another thing I love to receive is crystal points, especially clear quartz. Or cut and polished aurora borealis crystals in any size or shape.

BodhiSeed

One of my favorite gifts that I received was a daily card holder (many thanks AJ!). These are actually business card holders that you can use to put a tarot card in too. Both AJ and HearthCricket had one in their pictures posted on the "Your Reading Space" thread. You can find them on ebay, and they come in wood, cast iron, or in fancy Victorian designs. If you were really crafty, you could just buy a plain one from the office supply store and decorate it.

Bodhran

heathwitch

I love receiving things like customised reading cloths, bags to match specific decks (for instance, the bag holding my Halloween Tarot is orange and black and covered with Witches), and crystals to keep with my decks. Tarot jewellery is also a must!

Some friends have, in the past, given me incense blends and little bags of herbs to keep with specific cards or specific decks. Another friend makes oil blends according to individual cards, which I then burn in an oil burner or anoint onto a candle and then burn, during meditations with that card.

Hope these ideas help somewhat! :)

silverwings94

I love to receive anything that is handmade. I crochet shawls and many times I gift them to friends for birthdays,anniversarys or just because.
Candles,incense and crystals are my favorite other things to receive.
silverwings94

HearthCricket

No peeking, Aulruna!! I mean it!

She and I decided to do a Halloween exchange and gave each other like/dislike lists. As you know she owns over 1000 decks, which made it a bit tricky, but I did luck out on some she didn't have and this is what I am putting in the mail, tomorrow. She is now on vacation, so she should have her box a day or two after she comes home.

No

Peeking

Aulruna!!!

For decks I was able to get her the Hidden Path Oracle, Spirit of the Wheel Oracle and the Epinal. She already knows this, because I didn't want her to get them while I was sending them out to her! Then, I also have sent her an incense holder, 4 kinds of incense, 3 scented candles, 2 bags of silk autumn leaves for decorating, 4 tarot tote bag/spread cloth sets from Tarot Totes (Autumn and Halloween themed), pentacle box, pentacle wind chimes, fairy magnets, silk oriental bag with runes inside, bag with polished stones inside, miniature bells, 2 little Goddess tokens, 3 cards -1 to be opened on Halloween Day, postcards of local Historical places, The Halloween Tree (book) and Sleepy Hollow (illustrated by Arthur Rackham) and a gorgeous Medieval Pewter Pendant necklace that holds your favourite essential oil, which will match her Ren outfits. I also put in some Halloween Tinsel Garland and a cute satinlike purple bag with handles and black feathers that says Ghouls Night Out on it. I think that covers it, unless I am forgetting something, since I kept adding goodies, here and there! But it was fun to pack it up and use my imagination! So, even when they own lots of decks, there is always something to find!

.....Aurluna

...Peeking

...No....

...Aulruna no peeking!!

Grizabella

Great idea to send the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. That was very imaginative and different. Also the pendant. :) My oldest granddaughter just got involved with the ren-faire crowd through her best friend and it's lots of fun.

The silk autumn leaves and Halloween tinsel garland are neat ideas, too. Simple things can sometimes be very appreciated because they're so unexpected. I don't mean the bigger gifts aren't appreciated as much, but the unexpected little things sometimes make a big impression. You're always so very good with those unexpected little thoughtful touches to round out your packages, HearthCricket. :D