Tarot Illuminati

moonbear

I'd buy this if it was BIG :love:
And I'm ok with gold edges. I just love the opulent, over the top richness of the whole thing :thumbsup:

GryffinSong

Large cards, gold edges, borderless. I'm not quite sure about UV spot.

Richard, is there still time to make some minor suggestions regarding the actual artwork itself?

Thanks!!! :)

Aulruna

Big cards, big cards, big cards.

I don't care about foil on this one, there is enough going on already. And the vibrant colours might overpower the gold, anyway. Gilt edges would add a nice touch to its baroqueness, but I'll happily relinquish them for size.

Oh yes, and did I mention size?

starlightexp

I may be off on this, but because of the very baroque style of the deck I think it needs the border. It gives the image a weight that I don't think it would have otherwise

GryffinSong

Big cards, big cards, big cards.

I don't care about foil on this one, there is enough going on already. And the vibrant colours might overpower the gold, anyway. Gilt edges would add a nice touch to its baroqueness, but I'll happily relinquish them for size.

Oh yes, and did I mention size?

Good point. Size is much more important than adding more bling.

GryffinSong

I may be off on this, but because of the very baroque style of the deck I think it needs the border. It gives the image a weight that I don't think it would have otherwise

Borders are fine. WHITE borders are not. In my opinion they'd detract from all this luscious color. So, a black border, as shown on the cards, would be fine with me. I also want to add that the paper and finish will be essential. Look, for instance, at Ciro's work. When printed in his limited edition glossy finish, his work keeps the rich color that we see online. The mass market versions I've seen are dulled down, and don't have that eye-catching wow factor. This deck needs wow facter. I don't think it matters that it be gloss, in fact I'm usually not a big gloss fan, but the colors need to retain their saturation.

gregory

Large cards, gold edges, borderless. I'm not quite sure about UV spot.

Richard, is there still time to make some minor suggestions regarding the actual artwork itself?
Ric did suggest contacting the ARTIST, so....

Mmmmmm *thinks* - you make a good point there. (I don't usually like borderless anyway.) Maybe black borders like the Rosetta - so you can lay the cards on a black cloth and the borders sort of vanish, but the images are still set off. And also - it would be a crime to put ANY kind of title on the images themselves, IMHO. So you need a border for that...

starlightexp

I can't even imagine the type of font that would work if they had to put it on the image. I think a border is going to be a 'have to' thing on this deck.

GryffinSong

I can't even imagine the type of font that would work if they had to put it on the image. I think a border is going to be a 'have to' thing on this deck.

There's aready a title on each card, on the narrow black border. I assumed when people talked about a border they meant IN ADDITION to that narrow black border. Like when a deck has white all around everything. In my opinion, the black that's there should stay there. Those titles are nicely done.