Tarot Illuminati

MoonGypsy

~Crossing my fingers as well!~ What didn't you like about the deck before? I've watched several raving youtube reviews.. Which makes me wonder, what am I missing? Ugh..

i'd rather not say...:laugh: i have worked too hard to get past it...;)

tarotbear

I couldn't get more than 32 seconds into the first video - the whispy, lispy queen was a total turn-off for me ... could not take his voice!

I have to say it - I think most Tarot decks these days are much too busy, too overdone, and have too much going on it each card. For me they are like trying to read in the middle of a circus carnival midway - too much sensory overload.

Are there any 'calm' decks out there? :bugeyed:

MoonGypsy

...and i do find Erik very delightful, animated and enthusastic/inspired...a bit elfin in fact...
and.. and i actually have met Bill [and Bob] [co-owners of New Visions in York, PA]in an off the beaten path location a few years ago, before Tarot Illuminati had been created. It was a lovely
shoppe with very nice vibes. We bought a few things that day. We were very tired after a long day
working at a flea market. Going inside the shoppe felt like a calm oasis...
and we were certainly very "thirsty", after being battered around hundreds of demanding peeps...

Miss Divine

...and i do find Erik very delightful, animated and enthusastic/inspired...He seemsvery elvin like...
and.. and i actually have met Bill [and Bob] [co-owners of New Visions in York, PA]in an off the beaten path location a few years ago, before Tarot Illuminati had been created. It was a lovely
shoppe with very nice vibes. We bought a few things that day. We were very tired after a long day
working at a flea market. Going inside the shoppe felt like a calm oasis...
and we were certainly very "thirsty", after being battered around hundreds of demanding peeps...

I lived in PA for about 10 years. Yet I've never been in that shop (never knew about it back then). How I wish I'd known about it...

You describe Erik well. He is indeed very elvin like. I've watched a little bit so far.

ETA: My dislike for the deck never had anything to do with the artist. It's just the artwork itself.

MoonGypsy

I lived in PA for about 10 years. Yet I've never been in that shop (never knew about it back then). How I wish I'd known about it...

You describe Erik well. He is indeed very elvin like. I've watched a little bit so far.

Thank You...:love: New Visions has been in a few different store locations over the past 30 years or so...
but i think they have all been in the York area, to my understanding...:)

Thoughtful

I have to say it - I think most Tarot decks these days are much too busy, too overdone, and have too much going on it each card. For me they are like trying to read in the middle of a circus carnival midway - too much sensory overload.

Are there any 'calm' decks out there? :bugeyed:

When this deck was in its infancy l thought how wonderful it was, however, as more cards were developed l felt exactly as you TB, too much sensory overload. Having said that though the Hermit card is beautiful. Its great we are all different and there are tarots to suit all tastes.

As for calm decks (IMHO) you cannot surpass the Roots of Asia. l know, l know, here l go again...... :laugh:

MoonGypsy

My calmest deck is where i sit watching the Sunrise or Sunset...:)

ETA: Whoops, we are slipping of topic here...

rwcarter

Moderator Note

A discussion of "calm" decks would be a great topic for a new thread. Discussion in this thread is on The Tarot Illuminati.

earthair

Which edition do you have Miss Divine?- the gold edged, borderless kit version or the black bordered cards only pack? Because I think the black borders calm it down slightly.