Tarot Journal. Forcing?

Farzon

Seconding most of what has been said so far - keep as flexible or restrictive as you like!

I have a Tarot journal which I keep on an irrigation base. I write down the readings to important issues as well as annual forecasts should I do one. I'd I feel like it and there's enough free space on the page, I'd pick a card from the reading and draw it into the journal. Either a copy of the original card from the deck or an own version.

At the back of my journal I have useful spreads written down.

Snaut

I have no dedicated tarot journal.

Some time ago, I noticed patterns in my life and wanted a place to write them down. So I started a journal with life-stuff. It was more like a diary, but I used it only about every two months. It just developed and I used it more often, depending on how much was happening in my life. Then came a time, where I noticed, that there is also stuff, which is extremely useful to be written down somewhere, so I can find it later, but I do not want it in this journal, since it destroys the flow when reading. So I started a second journal.

At the moment I have these two journals. In one of them I put "life-stuff" in. The second is more for referencing stuff.

Do not try to force it. It develops naturally if you give it enough room.

SunChariot

Hi!

I'm going to start on my first Tarot Journal for the Prisma Visions Deck which I'm going to receive soon and I have a few points that I need to clear up.

I'm thinking of starting it with an interview spread, going on to a card analysis of the deck.

The thing is that I tend to ritualize these sort of things and while it sometimes comes in handy I feel that I also get very restricted by it. The line of pure intuitive inspiration and forcing becomes blurred in these instances.

What do you suggest I do?

Thank you!

This is my suggestion.

Start your journal for this deck by ASKING THE CARDS everything you just said above.

Imo, there is no better way to get to know a deck that to just use it and talk to it. Just like getting to know a person, a new friend. You don't get to know a person by studying them and getting to know you rituals.

You get to know them by having fun and talking to them. (We talk to the cards through readings). Then it will show you "who" and what it is inside.

So that is my suggestion. When you have your new deck in hand, and your journal....just up and do some readings. Ask the cards what they want. Tell them that your habitual way of getting to know a deck feels restrictive to you and that you now want to create something with this deck more intuitive and spontaneous. Ask the deck what it suggests. :grin:

Save what comes up in the journal for later use.

Should be interesting and should teach you a lot about the deck.
Babs