Tarot Shadow Work--Study Group?

Jewel

autumnsdaughter said:
Hmm, I feel like Shadow Work takes as much time as it takes... and I would like newcomers to feel at ease with starting whenever they feel like it.
I agree with this, I just putting "a week" as an example. The idea is to try to keep the study group somewhat flowing within the same time frame and together, but no biggie if one needs more time with a step.

huredriel

Not sure if I will be participating in the Study Group, but will definitely be watching depends on how brave I'm feeling ;) I got this book a few years ago and started to read through it, and then put it away .......... now several signs seem to be indicating its time for revival ...... esp that of this Study Group :)

Jewel

huredriel, I am also unsure actually. I want to, but I will really need to see how much time it takes due to other study groups I am in at the moment and that I really want to finish and dedicate time to. The more I think about it, the more I think I might not be able to.

huredriel

I was also wondering ......... if a person posts their reading ....... bearing in mind that shadow work means very often we can't see some of the important nuances that are staring us in the face .......... does this mean that other members are welcome to post their thoughts on said posted readings? Or if you wanted extra thoughts, would it then have to go to Your Readings section rather than keeping everything together within the Study Group?

huredriel

Jewel said:
The more I think about it, the more I think I might not be able to.
Perhaps a time to just wait & watch ...... what I've found so far with shadow work (and I don't think I've delved that far to be honest) ...... is if there is uncertainty hovering within the gut, then it's time to wait until you are ready to *be out there* aka in the public so to speak ....... you can always participate quietly on your own to start? Of course that depends on the kind of stuff likely to arise - for myself, I generally don't do this totally on my own ...... I have a close friend who I touch base with and who will give me their unbiased opinions as well as support.

Mind, this coming from someone who always finds something else to do as a way of avoidance and thus is usually too busy to participate LOL.

autumnsdaughter

Hmm. Well, I'd like to see the readings stay in this study group, as they are somewhat different than conventional spreads. In the study group, there is already a thread for the star of discovery, so I think we could all just post on that thread.

Master_Margarita

huredriel said:
I was also wondering ......... if a person posts their reading ....... bearing in mind that shadow work means very often we can't see some of the important nuances that are staring us in the face .......... does this mean that other members are welcome to post their thoughts on said posted readings? Or if you wanted extra thoughts, would it then have to go to Your Readings section rather than keeping everything together within the Study Group?

That's a really good question. I for one do welcome people pointing out the obvious that is escaping me about my own readings.

I actually did post my Star of Recovery for Anger in the Your Readings Section (huredriel, didn't you comment on it?) here but wouldn't mind having this thread moved into the Study Group.

:heart: M_M~

huredriel

Yes I did M_M, and that's what made me wonder about keeping them contained here ....... I would make a suggestion that if people would like others from the group to comment, to make a note of that with their reading when they post, due to the sensitivity issues. What do you think?

autumnsdaughter

I just posted my Star of Discovery on the thread in the Shadow Work index. I did ask that if people had any ideas, that they comment. Gotta say, it made me feel a little bit naked.

Oh, another update- I started a new thread- the Support Lounge.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=94852

I thought it would be nice to have a place to hang out and give each other support when we need it- and to talk about whatever comes up.

Jewel

huredriel said:
Perhaps a time to just wait & watch ...... what I've found so far with shadow work (and I don't think I've delved that far to be honest) ...... is if there is uncertainty hovering within the gut, then it's time to wait until you are ready to *be out there* aka in the public so to speak .......
Actually my problem is time, not desire or avoidance. I am involved in other study groups which take up most of my "tarot time", and I want to finish them. My experience in 21 Ways has been very much about my shadow, and sharing it *LOL*. Since I am very in touch with my Shadow I was thinking might as well work some more with it while it is out *LOL* ... but I know I would be lagging behind all of the time, so I will just pass for now, and continue working with my Shadow in 21 Ways. I will keep an eye on the threads about Shadow work though.