Tarot Shadow Work: Support Lounge

mac22

I do a Shadow reading & meditation about once a month to stay in balance....:)

Mac22

Skydancer

She also has a knack for pointing out emotional issues beneath the surface that affect the voice... like my fears of doing it wrong, and being judged, and wanting to work hard and not be lazy.
Hello All ~ just found this thread (been away for a long while - life getting in the way of my endevors) and wanted to say that 1) my voice comes and goes at irregular intervals since my illness and it bothers me. Some days I just croak. Other days I get a bit of singing voice back. Slowly working my way back to the "old me".

I, too, got these books some years back and after a short visit I put them aside. Now - out Shadow Work is coming again. Looking askance into my mirror darkly.

Learning and learning. I'm thinking; you're right - that's why we're here.
This lounge is cozy with the big fire. Thank you for lighting it.

*S*

Tarot Orat

Going to revive this, now that there's a revivification of the study group as a whole.

I have tried to work with the book at home, but I just can't seem to make it work there. (Clutter, clutter everywhere, and a cat who likes knocking things over....) Just as I'm thinking about trying again, my boyfriend set up a desk for me to do Tarot readings at his house. And it has just occurred to me that *that* might be the place to set myself up!

I have a couple of qualms about it - does anyone else think it might be sorta strange to be doing this not in their primary place of residence? And I don't go there every day, so I wouldn't be in constant proximity to the cards and the altar, or able to work directly with them at *every* moment I might want to.

Still...it seems very serendipitous to have the new space and the inspiration to pick up the book again within a few days of each other.

coyoteblack

Tarot Orat,

I think your boy friends place is a great place to start and he cares enough to set up a desk so there is at least some love in the room already.

Eyebright

Maybe it will help you to be more objective when you are doing your shadow work, if you aren't surrounded by all your personal belongings, and all those emotional attachments and memories they bring?

I've set up my altar now, though it's a bit scant at the moment! Doing the dark goddess meditation today. Slowly inching closer to chapter 3 and hopefully my first spread.

I think you just need to do what feels right for you, and it seems like all the signs and serendipity are saying do it at your bf's house :)

Tarot Orat

Thanks for the support :) I'm definitely going to do it at his place, it just seems like it's meant to be.

I have a day off today so I'm going to set aside some quiet time for meditating and maybe start some of the other work in Chapter 2. My plan is to do the first spread on March 1st, but if it feels right to do that sooner or later, I'll go with my intuition.

Onyx

I think that it is great to see this group up and going again. I am looking forward to see what others come up with during the process. I am looking at the work I did when I was in the process. I am shocked to see that it was almost five years ago and I am still shocked as I reread my journal entries about just how accurate these readings were and how they still apply. I am here for the the support of others and my own continued journey as well.

Tarot Orat

I think that it is great to see this group up and going again. I am looking forward to see what others come up with during the process. I am looking at the work I did when I was in the process. I am shocked to see that it was almost five years ago and I am still shocked as I reread my journal entries about just how accurate these readings were and how they still apply. I am here for the the support of others and my own continued journey as well.

Thank you! It's also great to know that your work had lasting resonance....that's what I'm hoping to find here.

Eyebright

It's nice to hear from a veteran of the "programme", Onyx. I'm glad to hear how useful it was, and that it still has meaning 5 years on! Will be doing my star of discovery over the weekend! *gulp*