Tarot Shadow Work: Support Lounge

Tarot Orat

I'm not asking for details, but how are you all doing with the meditative work? I keep having trouble focusing and shutting my conscious mind off. I think too darn much!

I know it will get easier with continued practice, but it's frustrating right now. Is anyone else feeling this way? If so, how are you handling it?

Eyebright

Me too! And I second you on the *gulp* ...

I'm sure it will all be for the best in the end! I did the meditation to meet the goddess last night before bed and it was very interesting and well, odd!

Tarot Orat

This was in my fortune cookie last night:

"Do not fear failure."

Apropos....and I'm doing the Star of Discovery today.

coyoteblack

The mediation part is fun but my brain also goes off on a tangent at times. I found doing something special on mediation helps. I am going to buy candles and incense just for this book and the work involved

Marie-Bernard

I'm not asking for details, but how are you all doing with the meditative work? I keep having trouble focusing and shutting my conscious mind off. I think too darn much!

I know it will get easier with continued practice, but it's frustrating right now. Is anyone else feeling this way? If so, how are you handling it?

Normally I can't meditate well at all; as you say, I have trouble shutting of my conscious mind. What I'm doing for the shadow work is using the Crone image Jette describes meeting as a point of reference. So every card I'm working on, in my mind, I'm discussing it with my Crone. That's helped wonderfully in keeping me focused.

Tarot Orat

The mediation part is fun but my brain also goes off on a tangent at times. I found doing something special on mediation helps. I am going to buy candles and incense just for this book and the work involved

I can see how that would help! I have a little perfume sample bottle that smells like orchid, rose, and patchouli - which are some of the flowers and scents she mentions - it really takes me somewhere when I smell it. I'm going to dab that on to start each session and hopefully it'll turn into a cue for my mind to relax and go inward.

Normally I can't meditate well at all; as you say, I have trouble shutting of my conscious mind. What I'm doing for the shadow work is using the Crone image Jette describes meeting as a point of reference. So every card I'm working on, in my mind, I'm discussing it with my Crone. That's helped wonderfully in keeping me focused.

That sounds very useful! I had a vivid Crone meeting and she was very helpful to me, I look forward to seeing her again...I will try visiting her at the start of the sessions, too. Hopefully she'll want to see me again too :)

coyoteblack

I left my star of discovery on my alter for almost a week without reading ahead. Now I plan on starting the next chapter.

hopena

I need to get my own copy of this book, rather than borrowing it from the library. I started to use it for years ago, when I was feeling shaky and unsure - I have a picture that I took of my drawing table, with the deck stacked on it, and my dog giving me an annoyed look, because I wasn't focusing on her. :) The past four years have been just horrible, and I didn't get back to it. I guess I should get that other book I once used, as well - I think it was tarot for the healing heart.

Oops, I guess I won't get my own copy. The prices on used books are outrageous.

coyoteblack

so sorry your last few years have been terrible. This book is awesome for looking at unresolved issues .