The Antiquarian Lenormand

Lee

The tarot-sized one is dreamy. :love:

ladybird

I put in an order for the Petit Grand Paquet package the other day. :) Liked the video, too. It was nice to see the different sizes compared, and also enjoyed the little details about the backgrounds and charms and such that you used to create the cards.

Can't wait for the new ones to be printed so everything gets sent out!

I'm glad you liked the video, kalliope! You won't have to wait very long, I've ordered the Poker and Mini sizes today. I should be getting them in a week or so. It may be a little longer as I ordered a lot of decks. :)

I will mail them out in the order that I received the pre orders. Yours was the 3rd order. ;)

kalliope

The tarot-sized one is dreamy. :love:

Oh, excellent (and unsurprising) to hear! I'm not normally a large card fan, but I had a feeling that Ladybird's deck would be dreamy in this size, indeed. :heart:

Now I just need large prints of my favorite cards... :laugh:

ladybird

Oh, excellent (and unsurprising) to hear! I'm not normally a large card fan, but I had a feeling that Ladybird's deck would be dreamy in this size, indeed. :heart:

Now I just need large prints of my favorite cards... :laugh:

:) Well, kalliope, since you mention it, this is something I'm considering but they would be the original size of the artwork, 8 1/2" x 12" prints. I am waiting to do anything further with this until after my move in mid November, so realistically this may not happen until December. Hopefully, eventually in the near future.

I had a list of potential prints on here somewhere but without my looking at this list, may I ask which cards you would like to see in the larger prints? Anyone can chime in! I was thinking of 10 different prints, if I remember correctly.

kalliope

:) Well, kalliope, since you mention it, this is something I'm considering but they would be the original size of the artwork, 8 1/2" x 12" prints. I am waiting to do anything further with this until after my move in mid November, so realistically this may not happen until December. Hopefully, eventually in the near future.

I had a list of potential prints on here somewhere but without my looking at this list, may I ask which cards you would like to see in the larger prints? Anyone can chime in! I was thinking of 10 different prints, if I remember correctly.

I'm glad to hear you're planning on this. :)

It's really hard to pick, but here are my favorites (based on art alone, not card meanings, obviously):
1st group: Snake, Sun, Tree, Birds, Moon

2nd group: Stork, Ship, House, Tower, Clouds
a few extra faves: Fish, Mice, Bear

Eeesh, it's hard to decide, though. I'd be happy with several of the others, too.

I snapped a couple of pics of the cards together, especially since the I'd consider hanging some configuration of a few selected from the first five (and maybe the Stork or Ship) on a wall...

Do you know how you'd be selling them? As a package, or individually?

Attachments

• FirstFive_Antiquarian.jpg
    FirstFive_Antiquarian.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 77
  • MorePicks_Antiquarian.jpg
    MorePicks_Antiquarian.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 70

ladybird

I'm glad to hear you're planning on this. :)

It's really hard to pick, but here are my favorites (based on art alone, not card meanings, obviously):
1st group: Snake, Sun, Tree, Birds, Moon

2nd group: Stork, Ship, House, Tower, Clouds
a few extra faves: Fish, Mice, Bear

Eeesh, it's hard to decide, though. I'd be happy with several of the others, too.

I snapped a couple of pics of the cards together, especially since the I'd consider hanging some configuration of a few selected from the first five (and maybe the Stork or Ship) on a wall...

Do you know how you'd be selling them? As a package, or individually?

Thanks for posting your faves, kalliope! Those are all great choices.

I just found my list here's what I had written down:

Snake
Clover
Birds
Heart
Fish
Tower
Fox
Rider
Moon
Dog

I could switch out a couple of these for Sun and Tree. I remember that I wanted those 2 in there but for some reason changed them out. I will definitely consider your choices and any others that people might suggest.

My plan was to print out several copies at 8 1/2" x 12" and put them in an 11" x 14" black mat board. Then folks can choose the frame they want to put it in.

I am going to use the same printer from the 1st printing of the cards. I still have to find a way to ship them. Probably need to find cardboard pieces to fit them in between so as not to crush the mat board. Anyone know of a good way to ship this kind of item?

I also think it's going to have to be a USA item only. I just don't know how I'd ship this Internationally without damage.

Bluefeet

My plan was to print out several copies at 8 1/2" x 12" and put them in an 11" x 14" black mat board. Then folks can choose the frame they want to put it in.

I am going to use the same printer from the 1st printing of the cards. I still have to find a way to ship them. Probably need to find cardboard pieces to fit them in between so as not to crush the mat board. Anyone know of a good way to ship this kind of item?

I also think it's going to have to be a USA item only. I just don't know how I'd ship this Internationally without damage.

Do you think it's possible to roll the prints into scrolls and ship them in tubes? To make them flat again simply place them under heavy objects like dictionaries etc.

I've seen art posters being packed and shipped this way. :)

kalliope

I just found my list here's what I had written down:

Snake
Clover
Birds
Heart
Fish
Tower
Fox
Rider
Moon
Dog

I could switch out a couple of these for Sun and Tree. I remember that I wanted those 2 in there but for some reason changed them out. I will definitely consider your choices and any others that people might suggest.

The Heart is a great choice, too! I like the Clover a lot, and the Dog photo is adorable, of course. I do really love the Sun and Tree (those stripes! that subtle green!), so hopefully it will work out that they'll be included. If I had to pick which to swap out, it would be the Rider and Fox, I'm afraid, even though I quite like them (but I like them all!) Or maybe choosing one between the Dog and Clover because the backgrounds are similar? Oh, too hard! Anyhow, my favorites are definitely the first block of 8 in the photos below.

I laid them all out again and took a couple of pics, just because I find it helpful to see them together. They're not the sharpest photos, but people can get the idea.

Would it be easier or cheaper for you to send them out unmatted (Is that even a word?), and let people get the mat board when they frame them? Send them in one of those poster mailing tubes? I have no idea how the costs would compare, just tossing the idea out there.

I'll be curious to see which cards the others vote for, so I hope someone else pipes up!

ETA: Whoops, I see EnchantedShadow had the same idea about the mailing tubes first, but I didn't see her post because I was busy fussing with photos. :)

Attachments

• Prints_Flash.jpg
    Prints_Flash.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Prints_NoFlash.jpg
    Prints_NoFlash.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 70

ladybird

Thank you, kalliope for the tips. I will certainly take all of this into consideration. I'm not ready to get these large prints started as I am moving house soon and have much to do. :) I will let you know before I make an order just to make sure I order prints that people really want.