The Antiquarian Lenormand

flying black kat

I am patiently waiting for this deck to be completed. I like it very much and will really want a deck.

Beautiful
E of Q

MoonGypsy

i am also waiting with joyful anticipation. for each new card. Just love everything you are doing, ladybird! Love the new Fox Card--so appropriate for the time period.

ladybird

I love the original fox card, please don't change it! The new one looks more like a bear, especially in the face. I like your original card much, much better. They are all lovely! I am really enjoying watching your progress with this very unique lenormand deck.

I've sent you a PM to describe more in depth why I decided to change the fox. I really liked the first image too. Thank you for your vote of confidence, Tarot Heart! However, I really wanted to make the deck feel truly Lenormand and I'm afraid that the first fox isn't as cunning and clever being gripped by the woman and the image is a bit too scenic too. Although I really liked the first fox too, I felt deeply what the majority was expressing about it and it made sense to me.

I appreciate your enjoying my deck and hope that the new Fox doesn't deter too much. I see what you mean about the face, he's a Scandinavian black fox, fat for winter, but my oh my, isn't he sly?! ;)

Laura Borealis

I like the new fox, too.

But I was thinking - many decks include extra and alternate cards - if you publish, perhaps you could include both fox cards so people can use their favorite?

ladybird

But I was thinking - many decks include extra and alternate cards - if you publish, perhaps you could include both fox cards so people can use their favorite?

I did think of that but I only have one 9 of clubs since I'm using an actual playing card deck from the 19th century.

I had to dismantle the first Fox card to make the new one, so the first is now defunct. Sorry, Tarot Heart! :(

ladybird

WAIT!!! Why didn't I think of this? It's already been scanned and therefore it's not LOST! :D

baylys

I love seeing how decks are created, one image at a time, with each part of the card deconstructed, analysed then reconstructed. You are doing a great job.

tarot heart

WAIT!!! Why didn't I think of this? It's already been scanned and therefore it's not LOST! :D

Oh, this is good news ladybird! I always prefer the artist's original images because they are so unique. I really don't want a deck that looks like every other lenormand deck, if you know what I mean ;)

I agree that alternate cards would be fantastic - it's a win-win!