The Cheimonette Tarot

cheimonette

So yesterday I worked on trying out a laser-etched wooden tarot box, which I'll be offering as part of my Kickstarter! I made a digital image of the card back painting, and my friend and I practiced on cardboard and a few pieces of wood. It took some fussing with computers and vector and raster conversions, but we did it! Here's the test piece- the box design will look like the image in the middle.

There will be about 100 of these boxes available, so if you're interested, make sure you check out my Kickstarter on the early side. I'm also offering my deck at a discount for the first 100 backers! I'm really excited- it's launching next week!

Attachments

• 2013-10-01 18.36.01.jpg
    2013-10-01 18.36.01.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 84

cheimonette

Everything is so so close to done! If all goes well I will be launching this Tuesday!

For the occasion, I've just finished processing The World, the first version of this card that I painted ten years ago. It's followed by two alternate versions of The World I did recently. I want to include all three versions in my deck!

Also: as one of my rewards, I'm offering to paint an alternate version of the card of your choice. You and/or your loved ones can even be in it. I't a pretty pricey reward, but it includes all possible rewards (music, album, laser-etched wooden box, offset posters, personal reading from me), and you get the original painting of the new card. I really like this idea- it seems to build upon the idea of art as collaborative dialogue.

Anyway, here are my three worlds:

Attachments

• T21.jpg
    T21.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 91
  • T21.2.jpg
    T21.2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 83
  • T21.3.jpg
    T21.3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 81

ravenest

Just as good as your other stuff ... which is great ... love the box!

rylla

I love the World card too, especially the last one, and offering to paint an alternate version of a card it's a GREAT reward! I am so looking forward to this deck.

cheimonette

Quick update: launching a few days later than expected!

Things I learned:

Sometimes friends shoot video of you and it is out of focus and there is nothing you can do about it now.

When on video, look at the camera.

Final Cut Pro X is terrible but I edited my Kickstarter video in it anyway.

Seriously, we are almost there. Launching late this week or early next week.

rylla

Great! Thanks for the update.

KristinCali

I'm getting SO excited! This is the first time I've followed a deck from the beginning :)

cheimonette

I just launched my Kickstarter!!!!

Here's the link! You all are the first to know. I hope you like my rewards, video, etc. Thank you all so so much for your encouragement and interest! I will be reposting my Kickstarter updates here, too.

Argh I am going to explode with excitement!

Sorry- forum rules seem to prohibit me from linking to my Kickstarter directly. However! The link to the Kickstarter is on my "home page" on my profile. So you can find it there if you'd like to pre-order a deck!

desertrat

Woo-hoo! First to know! ;)

I've backed your campaign and crossed all my fingers. Best of luck to you. :D