The Chrysalis Tarot (New Upcoming U.S. Games deck)

AmethystEyes

Wow! I just found this deck! Its so beautiful! I am going to have to get this!

swimming in tarot

I'm with you, Devilish Angel. Wow. Just wow. I should have something more articulate to say, but--!

I'd buy this for the artwork alone, but also for the new spin on the cards, the new associations, new rabbit holes to fall down...yeah.

I think I have a tax refund coming. I've been good all year. I haven't been purchase-indulgent in months. Self-enabling, I am. Very close to clicking Place Order.

AmethystEyes

I'm with you, Devilish Angel. Wow. Just wow. I should have something more articulate to say, but--!

I'd buy this for the artwork alone, but also for the new spin on the cards, the new associations, new rabbit holes to fall down...yeah.

I think I have a tax refund coming. I've been good all year. I haven't been purchase-indulgent in months. Self-enabling, I am. Very close to clicking Place Order.
Yes! Its time for me to do some deck indulging, its been a while. I got 3 in mind so far })

Eyebright

I've worked a lot with this deck, and I heartily recommend it! :D

It's got so much depth to it, and the coincidences with what was going on in my life was almost spooky. It does benefit from work in depth with it for a while though, to really get the most out of it. I also believe Toney is writing an in-depth book to accompany the deck and I can't wait for that to come out! :heart:

Featherflight

I just received my deck in the mail this weekend. I am beyond excited and am really impressed with this deck. It has a beautiful energy that really resonates with me and that is just after going through the deck as well as a brief ritual I do with all my decks in the beginning. I can't wait to work with it further!

jema

just got this deck today. It is not something I would normally order but it sorta was an oppertunity to get something new since I had some money I had to spend on bookdepository and this is what I got.

When I first get a deck I always check out the chariot and 6 of swords first, those are the cards I take a photo of for my album and they looked just fine. The backs are lovely and I really think the courts are a lot of fun.

I do have some issues with some majors and as for the minors I think the spirals were the suit that worked the most for me, not too keep on the mirrors as cups.

I can see how I might bring this deck up when doing readings for others.

Toney

Mirrors

Alice Walker, activist and author who wrote The Color Purple, said:

"Mirrors are sacred not only because they permit us to witness the body, but because they permit us to ascertain the condition of the eternal that rests behind the body - the soul. An ancient Japanese proverb states, 'When the mirror is dim, the soul is not pure.'

"Art is the mirror, perhaps the only one, in which we can see our true collective face. We must honor its sacred function."

We chose Mirrors to represent our suit of Cups (feelings, emotions, Water element) because they truly reflect our souls' condition and inspire the introspection that leads to healing.

Thank you for your comments, Jema, Featherflight, Eyebright, Amethyst Eyes and Swimming in Tarot, et al. We hope you enjoy working with Chrysalis.

Madrigal

I recently purchased this deck in part due to the wonderful dialogue that ensued before its release as well as the material presented on the blog. I have used it a few times with results that varied from potent to satisfying. I'm eagerly awaiting the book that has been referred to over the course of this thread. I do hope it's coming out soon. This is a deck that would benefit greatly from further elaboration on the mythos behind the wonderful images so as to get the most out of them.

As to the explanation about the use of mirrors, this quote by French philosopher Merleau-Ponty comes to mind, "My body is the awareness of the gaze of the Other". In relation to the Chyrsalis Tarot I might extrapolate from this that in the mirror we become the allowing of that gaze, the allowing of that awareness, such that it becomes not just awareness but self-awareness.