The Chrysalis Tarot (New Upcoming U.S. Games deck)

SilverPalimpsest

Latest Blog Post by Toney Brooks and Companion Book Info

Just wanted to post Toney's latest blog and express my excitement for the release of the long-awaited companion book. I am certain the publication date will be within the first half of 2016.

There seemed to be a project ahead of the Chrysalis companion book with U.S. Games, which took a little longer than originally expected. I'm not too worried. At least we know U.S. Games applies a high standard to their publication process. I have no doubt it will be worth the wait.

http://www.chrysalistarot.com/2015/09/cosmic-reordering.html

BrownBear

Has anyone else trimmed her deck? I found the cards to be far too large for my small hands, so I trimmed off the borders and rounded the corners. It is much more manageable for me, and the artwork really pops off of the cards.

OaksWhispering

Has anyone else trimmed her deck? I found the cards to be far too large for my small hands, so I trimmed off the borders and rounded the corners. It is much more manageable for me, and the artwork really pops off of the cards.

Can you share photos? I have a spare deck and would be willing to try but I worried it would be uneven and ruin the back.

BrownBear

Can you share photos? I have a spare deck and would be willing to try but I worried it would be uneven and ruin the back.
Sure. I'm using tapatalk so I'll have to edit thus from a computer....

Darn, looks like I'm not allowed to post attachments or use IMG tags. :( I tried posting a few that are hosted on tiny pik but the forum won't display them. If you PM me your e-mail address, I'll send a few photos.

Alta

BrownBear, you can upload the pictures to any free image sharing site and then post the link.

BrownBear

BrownBear, you can upload the pictures to any free image sharing site and then post the link.
That didn't work for me. I tried using Tiny Pick and my own private hosting site. The links were always asterisked out.

OaksWhispering

That didn't work for me. I tried using Tiny Pick and my own private hosting site. The links were always asterisked out.

That happens to me as well. I will PM you

OaksWhispering

Anyone plan on getting the companion book? I am intrigued but would like to see some reviews on it first. I felt the blog could be at times convoluted and even veer off topic so I worry about the companion book being written similarly.

magpie9

No decision on that, yet. I wish the 'look in the book' feature gave some of the actual book instead of yet more philisophical nattering about how very deep it is. All I wanted was to read a page or two about an actual CARD...but nooooo.....:mad: (snarls)

OaksWhispering

No decision on that, yet. I wish the 'look in the book' feature gave some of the actual book instead of yet more philisophical nattering about how very deep it is. All I wanted was to read a page or two about an actual CARD...but nooooo.....:mad: (snarls)

I agree, I could really make a decisiom if I could just see a page about one of the cards, so I can get a feel for whether or not the book will be helpful. Guess I'll wait for reviews to pop up.