The De-Enabling Thread

jackdaw*

Work. Oh yes. The work. I think I'll give the other two red-herring decks you mentioned a miss (I have the non-gold of the former, and magpie did quite a job on the latter in her earlier post!), but I have a few other things in mind - not just decks, but appliances and the like ...

Thanks, jewel ;)

ilweran

Jewel said:
Ilweran, some decks are just not meant to not be owned by everyone. Those two are two of them. Any de-enabling attempt you have seen here on those decks, was half-hearted and hard to come by. You may see the same thing happen with the Victorian Flower Oracle. Seems to be an issue with all decks published by Magic Realist. IMHO, they are just too well researched and executed to find deep faults with.

<sigh> I was just hoping to get away with not buying anymore for a year or two. I should just stay away from this thread it gives me too many ideas :D

gregory

magpie9 said:
Are you a fan of prissy victorian misses all duded up as flowers in full bell skirts with teeny-tiny waists and simpering expressions?
Er - yes :D

weaver

magpie9 said:
Are you a fan of prissy victorian misses all duded up as flowers in full bell skirts with teeny-tiny waists and simpering expressions?
Ummm...er, yes! Me too! :)

weaver

magpie9

:eek: Simpering Victorian Misses were one of the worst features of the Victorian era, (the other really bad parts being Imperialism and Queen Victoria herself) I'm shocked at the lot of you!
Weaver, Rae-belle, Gregory, Marion,----you do realize that you're just not normal, right?
....................or maybe Q of P and I are just not normal...we seem to be in the minority....?

Cocobird55

There are some things that aren't obvious, I guess. I never thought I was a fan of simpering Victorian misses, but then I bought the Victorian Flower Oracle and found out that I was. Big surprise!!!

Still, I have to admit that it probably isn't a deck for everyone, and I can easily understand someone being annoyed with it. I'm surprised that I wasn't. I wasn't planning to buy it at first, but there is something about Magic Realist decks...

magpie9 said:
:eek: Simpering Victorian Misses were one of the worst features of the Victorian era, (the other really bad parts being Imperialism and Queen Victoria herself) I'm shocked at the lot of you!
Weaver, Rae-belle, Gregory, Marion,----you do realize that you're just not normal, right?
....................or maybe Q of P and I are just not normal...we seem to be in the minority....?

Debra

magpie9 said:
:eek: Simpering Victorian Misses were one of the worst features of the Victorian era, (the other really bad parts being Imperialism and Queen Victoria herself)

Indeed, yes! Read "imperialism" to include "insufferable self-righteousness" and add in "deeply repressed sexuality, with attendant psychological and behavioral distortions" and that pretty much sums it up.

But o! the Victoria Regina deck is really brilliant!

gregory

magpie9 said:
:eek: I would be deeply offended at any suggestion that I was normal :eek:

So that's OK.

magpie9

Debra said:
But o! the Victoria Regina deck is really brilliant!

}) Now There's a deck I could de-enable! }) :p })