The Gilded Tarot Royale

Tomsde

I will definitely add it to my collection. Having big hands, I like big decks as well.

Owl Song

This looks so wonderful. I definitely want this. I also have to add that I think Llewellyn is absolutely crazy for not jumping on this. The Gilded is a modern classic. This would fly off the shelves. Not only are they missing a fantastic opportunity to publish something extremely worthwhile--they're missing out on a potentially lucrative business venture.

Good luck, Ciro; I know that your self-publication will be glorious.

Kosjitov

Ciro, the new cards certainly have an appeal to them. I feel like the royale has less "perfection" in it and more realism in addition to the higher level of detail present in the samples you've put out for display. While I was attracted to the "feel" that came off the Gilded tarot, the originals felt too clean and I sidelined the deck for reading purposes for a long time because of it. I may have to replace my Gilded with the Royale.

I'd also like to say thank you for posting samples of your work for this deck. If I didn't see the actual cards I likely wouldn't have been interested in purchasing this and instead assumed it was just a dupe/reprint. You've most definitely piqued my curiosity. :D Thank youuuu!

MoonGypsy

Ciro, Where art thou? :love:

cirom

I'd also like to say thank you for posting samples of your work for this deck. If I didn't see the actual cards I likely wouldn't have been interested in purchasing this and instead assumed it was just a dupe/reprint. You've most definitely piqued my curiosity. :D Thank youuuu!

I do this for several reasons,
One I believe that many people are genuinely interested in the process and feel more connected to the deck once they have it if they have been been following its production progress.
Two, while every card will not meet with universal approval, I do take notice of some (not all) but some comments, and will make a modification here or there if its a valid point.
Three, many threads here on AT complain of disappointment and buyers remorse, any given deck didn't live up to expectation and or hype. I can't control that entirely, and I can't show the entire deck (because my images get ripped off and pirated), but I do show a reasonably good selection and in this case the comparisons of the before and after so that any confusion is minimized. Of course that doesn't guarantee you'll like the deck, but it should mean that you'll know that before buying it.

cirom

Ciro, Where art thou? :love:

Vacation, business travel (I was one of the speakers at the Tarosophy conference in the UK last month), followed by post vacation catching up to meet some deadlines.

Tomsde

I have your Gilded Tarot, I'm looking forward to this version which I find to be even more spectacular. You'll have to keep us posted as to a publication date.

cirom

To be honest, progress has slowed to a crawl on this project. A combination of recent travels, some medical issues and a general creative rut. It seems that several of the cards I was working on just weren't coming out as planned so I trashed various drafts. Although I did finally finish this one.

ps I'm not sure if Aeclectic re-compresses jpegs, before posting them, but it seems that my images become slightly blurred compared to the versions I upload????

Attachments

• NG 8 pentacles comparison.jpg
    NG 8 pentacles comparison.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 156

gregory

Very nice; much clearer and more - real, somehow - though I rather miss the spider web at the window - it showed up more there... (don't mind me...)

The blossoming tree is a pretty touch.

ETA I think they do recompress, but we all know how clear your actual work is, so don't worry.

BTW sorry about the health stuff ((cirom))

cirom

Very nice; much clearer and more - real, somehow - though I rather miss the spider web at the window - it showed up more there... (don't mind me...)

The blossoming tree is a pretty touch.

spiders webs are beneath the desk and stool now. Does'nt show too well on this images though.