The Goddess Religions (2)

Pollux

This question is "meantime" one.
So the differences in all the religions should the the Deities, right?

For Example:
1) I invoke Gaia, Brigantia and Isis
2) XYZ invokes Tiamat, Nike and Duergar
(1) + (2) =>
3) We have different Goddess Religions.

??? Support and Knowledge seriously wanted ???

And, a Goddess Religion implies ONE Goddess and no other?

- I am so skeptical, exp about the latter: what Pagan wuold I be having ONE deity?
Doesn't Pagan also imply politeism?

These days, anyhow, my Goddess is Epona.

Pollux

I also wanted to add... that someone (excuse me if I don't remember names so easily :( ) named "Celtic Pagan".
My question is ... How can I find out about these?

PLEASE!
May the Goddess punish me if I mean to hurt anyone!

P.S. Bzz-zbzz (Pollux PC kisses his fingers goodbye, and explodes in an iridescent flare... ;D ) KABO-OM!

Malachite

Do you believe in all the aspects of your Goddess?

divinerguy

I think you might be mixing apples with oranges here.

First, for every follower of Wicca and Paganism (yes, they are different), there are slightly different belief structures.

I consider myself a pantheistic pagan, not entirely unlike Spinoza or Einstein. I do not worship a Goddess. I do believe a spirit is present in all things, and I revere that spirituality.

Many pagans do not worship a Goddess per se, but nonetheless celebrate her existence and her divinity. For some, a Goddess represents the idea of a deity, but not the deity itself. She is someone with whom they can communicate concerning spiritual matters, a familiar name with whom they can connect for purposes of communion with their deity. Hence, all the different names and forms.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a student of any particular Goddess worship group. However, I have no doubt that some do actually revere a particular Goddess. Many Goddess worshippers consider the various iterations to be the same Goddess, while some others are no doubt dogmatic.

No matter what, I've found Goddess worshippers, on the whole, to be quite tolerant of the views of others. I find them to be quite pleasant to be near.

Gary

Greenman

you must understand that all these different names are various 'aspects' of the divine. an example;

i am Greenman.
to my son (if i had one), i am 'father'. to my niece i am 'uncle'. and to my wife i am 'husband'.
yet all three know that i am still 'Greenman'. but my aspect changes according to their point of view, their relationship, their needs, etc.
so it is with deity. polarity notwithstanding, in the warrior aspect He is Mars, in the lover aspect She is Venus, etc.
i hope this helps clarify it a little.

Kiama

Quote:pollux (20 Jan, 2002 22:35):
I also wanted to add... that someone (excuse me if I don't remember names so easily :( ) named "Celtic Pagan".

*Kiama lowers her eyes, and clears her throt nervously...* Um... That was me. Sorry. Its because I can indentify more with the Celtc aspects of the Goddess than others. Its not that I am celebrating a different Goddess to say, someone who invokes Isis.

Greenman: You answer was excellent.

Kiama

Diana

I'm not sure how this is going to go down (but a spoon full of sugar may help), but sometimes I really wonder why it seems necessary to say "I'm a this" or "I'm a that". Can't we just BE! Period. Does one have to put a label on oneself?
My past experience has been that to put oneself in a category often blocks oneself off from new experiences and insights.

Malachite

If you WANT to put a label on yourself, then its fine!...its only when other people give you a label that it gets patronising...(or matronising, of course...)

;-)

purplelady

Pollux, I think it really depends on the person and the particular "branch" of goddess worship or wicca or paganism they adhere to , if any! Some may worship One Goddess , the Goddess may have a particular name , for instance "Diana" or "Hecate" , others may worship only "The Goddess " or "The Triple Goddess". Some people may believe and worship the Goddess and the God. Some may worship many Goddesses , while others only one. I suppose you need to read different books about it on your own to get an idea of what You believe.

purplelady

However, referring to your first post at the top, I wouldn't say that the only difference between the pagan or Goddess religions is the dieties. There are probubly many more differences than that. While also there may be many similarities. Confusing?! I would pick a few of the more recommended books and read them!