The Primary Deck Reflections 2010 (both threads)

BlueDragonfly

I don't know about arguing...I do know sometimes mine just refuse to make sense. That's usually when I'm frustrated from the day/not in a relaxed, open frame of mind.

Mine may sulk for a bit, though, The Heart of Faerie came in the mail today and I'm off to get acquainted with them. I was so taken by them when I checked them out earlier, I headed to Amazon and bought the Faeries Oracle. It'll be here in a few days! ::shivers::

I do need to settle down and get back to reading/studying more. My schedule at work picked up and I've been working on a bag for the AT Frankendecken: Tarot of 78 Spares. So my readings have been kind of pushed down the priority list. I miss the insight of pulling a few cards to think about for the day.

BlueDragonfly

Onyx said:
I am also getting ready to pick up where I left off with my Shadow work too!
This is what I should do. I've had the book for a few months, but not started. I was going to do the "21 Ways" lessons first, but I think some Shadow work might be more appropriate right now.

Onyx

kabang said:
Today I hate my Liber T for some reason.

Maybe it's my own frustration with other things in my life, and I'm taking it out on the tarot deck, but when I was trying to study it this evening, I found myself glaring at each individual card. "And YOU, Aeon, I don't understand you at ALL. You're deliberately obtuse, aren't you, with your shadowy figure I can't recognize." *grumble grumble*

Do you ever experience this with your PDR decks? Have an 'argument' with it, so to speak?

Yes, I have had my moments with decks that just drive me to frustration. My Revelations deck was going to be an IDS deck for me. I see the cards and they sing with meaning. I do a personal reading and they are cheeky bastards! I have had the deck for a good long while. Love it, never getting rid of it but it has spent loads of time just waiting for me to use it again because of readings I get from it.

As for the Liber T I think that I have gone so far as to do spreads on why I don't like cards I don't like in the deck.

I always consider the cards I don't like or don't understand first in a deck I want to work with becuase if I can make peace with them then I can use the deck. If I can't then I have to put the deck away. No joking though, the Liber T is full of cards that can take a while.

Using Thoth deck resources can be of great help on the Majors (like the Aeon), Courts and Aces.

Onyx.

The Guided Hermit

There are a few cards in the VIA that, though I fully grasp their meaning, the art work just isn't quite there for me. It deals with the artist's vision and how it has shifted from mine. What's nice about those situations though is it calls upon deeper intuitive readings to emerge.

Happily, no such cards appeared in today's reading that I just posted....

KafkasGhost

I think the nature of a primary deck study or intensive deck study is such that the sticky spots are opportunities to break through to a new level of understanding. It's the part of the learning spiral (I firmly believe that learning is spirallic) that feels like it's going back to the beginning and although it is in a way, it is still farther out from the beginning.

The learning curve has hit a plateau and this is where you get to exercise free choice to surmount it or leave it alone until the next time.

The Guided Hermit

Another busy day on hand and the cards for today look very promising.

Hope everyone is doing wonderfully!

Onyx

all forward movement is good, right?

I have decided to take my day off to work on my shadow work.

I started my shadow work last year in my PDR with the Liber T. I really only had the final spreads to do. So I wanted to finish the process with the trusted friend I started the process using.

It was a fantastic reading. So filled with promise and reassuring confidence that what I have learned and started to use is going to work and pay off in the end.

I think that I am going to work on typing up my whole journey for the Tarot Study Shadow work thread in the days to come.

Great and rewarding process!

Onyx.

Onyx

inanna_tarot said:
Onyx, find a mini/baby thoth! I love mine!

I did find a mini/baby Thoth but my regular sized version (purple US Games with 3 Magi cards) is being shipped today!

Still love my new large Thoth and look forward to a smaller version for my backpack so I can take it with me.

Also I may start to combine my use of both the Liber T and the Thoth. I am becoming devoted to them to the near exclusion of other decks!

Onyx.

inanna_tarot

hehe Onyx

So how many versions of the Thoth have you got now? I have 4 and my non tarot friends think its nuts i have 4 versions of the same deck! lol

And I STILL dont have the 3 magus version!

Onyx

inanna_tarot said:
hehe Onyx

So how many versions of the Thoth have you got now? I have 4 and my non tarot friends think its nuts i have 4 versions of the same deck! lol

And I STILL dont have the 3 magus version!

Repeat after me, "I am not an addict. I am in control on my Tarot spending." Breathe deeply and repeat as necessary.

I currently have my large Thoth deck which I trimmed a while back and the deck I have been using so far in the PDR.

I have the new large and it will stay bordered Thoth I got this week.

I got a regular sized deck a while bask that was missing cards so I practiced trimming that one before going at the large one. I have used these cards in projects, left in public, carry a few in my wallet as reminders. (This one doesn't count.)

Finally I am getting the regular sized one soon and that will make Three total.

I have three Liber T decks. One in current use and two backups. I suffer from the reasonable fear of all Liber T fans that the deck will go out of print and in twenty years I will have to sell a lung on the black market to afford replacements.

Anther Thoth-ish deck I own is Cosmic Tribe. But my prudish, Sothern Baptist upbringing makes this deck a bit hard to study and impossible to read for others using it. (So much nekkidness! I can barely use the Liber T for e-mail readings!)

I am getting closer and closer to getting a copy of the Via Tarot. Guess who I blame that on?

Onyx.