The Primary Deck Reflections 2010 (both threads)

inanna_tarot

Onyx said:
Repeat after me, "I am not an addict. I am in control on my Tarot spending." Breathe deeply and repeat as necessary.

LOL I am an addict.. I only just stopped myself buying the new Heart of Faerie because I want to have pennies in the bank for the Transparent Oracle when it comes out.

I have come so close to getting a VIA but I just cant dedicate the time to it. I have the Liber T thinking I could dedicate time to even understand a 10th of what its on about.. but some of the cards are so explicit I get drawn to what they doing and not the actual reading. Its in my drawer as a 'one day' deck, and also, I have a fear of it going OOP lol.

I did have the Cosmic Tribe for a while, very pretty. The nekkidness never bothered me.. it just 'lacked' something for me. All pretty colours and not much substance. So I traded it.

Onyx

inanna_tarot said:
LOL I am an addict.. I only just stopped myself buying the new Heart of Faerie because I want to have pennies in the bank for the Transparent Oracle when it comes out.

Oh I know! I am in a nearly daily battle on this issue. I am eagerly awaiting the TO. I have added the new Faerie oracle to my cart and deleted it a couple of times. I have to remind myself that I don't really use the one I have much. But this is an arguement that is getting feebler by the day.

Okay back to my PDR work.

Onyx.

inanna_tarot

indeed Onyx,

Ive posted a quick daily draw on my blog.

I hate meadowsweet when it comes up, I draw such a blank on it and have to just go with the book interpretation because I get nadda from it.

kabang

Well, the Liber T and I made up, and we're back in love again.

It gave me a very soothing reading today... I don't plan on blogging about it, because I've been having some trouble lately and I don't want to clog my blog with 'drama,' but to sum up, I drew the Four of Swords, the Lovers, and the Ace of Spheres... All lovely, calming images, and the meaning is very promising to me.

hopena

Onyx said:
Oh . . . come join me using the Thoth!

I am also getting ready to pick up where I left off with my Shadow work too!

Onyx.

I definitely would, if I owned the Thoth. :) I hated the look of it, when I first saw it, but over the past year, it's intrigued me. I have a birthday coming up, and I added it, along with the Duquette book, to the list that my mother requested - it's a toss-up between the Thoth and the Fey, as well as a couple of other decks that were listed (Place's Vampire Tarot and the Baroque Bohemian Cats).

The shadow work had me crying when I started to interpret the first cards. I wasn't expecting that (even though I'd seen some posts in the study group forum, from others who were shaken up). I need to spend some more time on it tonight.

hopena

kabang said:
Today I hate my Liber T for some reason.

Maybe it's my own frustration with other things in my life, and I'm taking it out on the tarot deck, but when I was trying to study it this evening, I found myself glaring at each individual card. "And YOU, Aeon, I don't understand you at ALL. You're deliberately obtuse, aren't you, with your shadowy figure I can't recognize." *grumble grumble*

Do you ever experience this with your PDR decks? Have an 'argument' with it, so to speak?

:laugh:

For a time, I found myself really resenting the Lo Scarabeo - I didn't even want to touch it, for a while there.

firecatpickles

I am so lazy when it comes to typing stuff up! I read with my Williams every day but never seem to get around to writing.

Still in the PDR, though. Loving my *new* (replacement) Minchi.

inanna_tarot

firecat lol As long as you are working with your deck that do we need to see? Who is going to check up on you? or tell you off? lol

Posted a reading, a DPO card with a Transparent Tarot 3 carder for the day. Its really interesting and I think I will work between these 2 decks for the next week or so.

BlueDragonfly

Fire Cat said:
I am so lazy when it comes to typing stuff up! I read with my Williams every day but never seem to get around to writing.

Still in the PDR, though. Loving my *new* (replacement) Minchi.

The watercolors you've posted are interesting, though! You need to turn your comments on so we can ohh and ahh over them!

firecatpickles

My commments are turned off?