The Shaman's Oracle by John Matthews

BodhiSeed

HearthCricket said:
I love it without the borders! Well done! I am disappointed that the borders are different colours according to their grouping, so maybe I will give mine a trimming too, when this awful cold is gone. It makes the images pop and so much more powerful. Thank you for sharing the pics of them!
(((HC:heart:))), get well then get out those scissors!:D

dvorah ophir

to bodhran hi
thanks so much for your scans- i think from all the scans that people posted yours are the best and i find myself seeing in them the cards that i saw when i ordered the deck.they have a loominicense to them and are not so violent as in some other scans.now i will only have to wait to see them myself. maybe today i will receive them- i pray that the packege arrives today.it is also a day off work because of the rain- i work outside so in rainy days no work for us. in israel there is realy so little rain usuely.i feel bored and restless today and the mail only comes at two or later- so i have to wait 6 or 7 hours...
anyway i am more happy with the looks of the deck and hope to love it.
dvorah

Le Fanu

bodhran said:
Thanks Inanna_tarot!:heart: I'm hoping the pic will enable someone else! :D
Rest assured, It did... I'm really beginning to get excited about this deck now. However, NO MORE DECKS (did you hear that?) till at least the middle of March!

BodhiSeed

dvorah ophir said:
to bodhran hi
thanks so much for your scans- i think from all the scans that people posted yours are the best and i find myself seeing in them the cards that i saw when i ordered the deck.they have a loominicense to them and are not so violent as in some other scans.now i will only have to wait to see them myself. maybe today i will receive them- i pray that the packege arrives today.it is also a day off work because of the rain- i work outside so in rainy days no work for us. in israel there is realy so little rain usuely.i feel bored and restless today and the mail only comes at two or later- so i have to wait 6 or 7 hours...
anyway i am more happy with the looks of the deck and hope to love it.
dvorah
Dvorah,
I'm so glad the scans made you feel better about the deck. And I know what you mean about the luminescence - the way light is used in these paintings really make it speak to me!:)

BodhiSeed

Le Fanu said:
Rest assured, It did... I'm really beginning to get excited about this deck now. However, NO MORE DECKS (did you hear that?) till at least the middle of March!
}):D LOL!

Cerulean

Yes, thanks Bodran for pulling out the deck and being able to scan!

It costs me much in time and such having to go out to a third-party printing place to get scans easily...even my photo processings as I wait for good weather takes awhile!

Now people will have a great idea and will feel better about what they ordered.

It's a gorgeous deck and good for quiet reflection.

Thanks again--beautiful!

Love the deck. I had a choice between this and the new Froud's. The art in this shamanic oracle seemed to be personally relevant to me, even after reading another book where the author believes after reading studies it's not shamanic, he believes there's still more mystery unanswered between the different locations and the art images -- the mystery is as beautiful as the prehistoric images.

Unfortunately too many of the old Froud's was not for me. Even being able to look through the new Froud's deck, I knew I would not appreciate it. I was veryglad to have found and picked the Shamanic oracle!

Cerulean

Cerulean

victoria.star

Cerulean said:
I was veryglad to have found and picked the Shamanic oracle!

Cerulean
Me too, Cerulean, me too!!!! :heart: :) :) :)

rachelcat

A Shaman's Oracle Spread

I picked up the deck Friday night, and I really like it! BUT--I wasn’t really getting the author’s spread in the book, so I did some thinking about fingers and elemental attributions and then slept on it. I combined the author’s elemental attributions with the astrological order of the elements to make a little story, and the spread flowed from there. Let me know what you think!

Shaman’s Oracle Spread

The Dancers around the hearth (fire) tell stories of the Ancestors (earth). Inspired (air) by their stories, the querant becomes a Hunter in quest of spiritual nourishment. S/he goes to or becomes her/himself a Shaman (water) for help on the quest. S/he finally achieves the quest, which is knowledge of Spirit (ice), and then brings her/his story back to the hearth to dance it for others. And the wheel turns on.

Spread on the fingers of a left hand.

1. Ring finger (Sun/Apollo finger in palmistry). Fire/Dancer. What have you learned or received?

2. Pinky. Earth/Ancestor. Where are you coming from? What do you already have?

3. Thumb (opposable thumb = intelligence). Air/Hunter. What are you in search of? What is your quest?

4. Pointer (pointing the way). Water/Shaman. What inner or outer help will you have during your quest?

5. Middle finger (the highest point). Ice/Spirit. What is the final goal and outcome of the quest? What lesson will you bring back with you?

dvorah ophir

finaly received mine today by mail.now its time to work.keep you informed of my oppinions.

dvorah ophir

i have to admit- i realy am not crazy about this new deck- for the most part it is the art work- i just dont like these kind of drawings- this cave art is not for me. also i like to add that usuly i love the smell of newly printed deck but this time i realy cant take them out of the packege- maybe its because i had a cold and feel poorly, hope it will pass but for now i am not in sinc with my new deck.pity because the idea is good and so is the book and system. but always comes the cards first and they almost frighten me.i will come back to them most likely when i feel better.they seem the kind to take longer to bond with.