The Shaman's Oracle by John Matthews

inanna_tarot

I had a dream about walking along a cave and touching these drawings.. feeling my blood chill and yet boil with a primative 'my people' kinda of feeling as my fingers traced the lines of the drawings.

I so need this deck now.. and ya know, I want this more than I want the HoF!

AJ

These made it to the one-click-shopping cart checkout today, along with the Celtic wisdom oracle/Catlin Matthews. I've had them both in my cart for a long time.

Amazing world we live in. I want I get. Lovely.

Le Fanu

I'm just sitting tight right now trying not to spend more money, but next month I shall buy it. I'm really looking forward to seeing this deck up close.

Bat Chicken

Well I lasted 24 hours after saying I could avoid it, but, now I am glad I didn't.

The package is done like the Quantum Tarot - nice quality and efficient to store. The copper foil glyphs on the outer box are a nice touch. The book is HC and the cards are very sturdy. I would have used a matte finish if it were up to me, however!

There is a lot about the handling of the art that I would have done differently, but this doesn't in any way take away from how well they are done. The art looks like digitally altered photos and photographs merged with digital painting. It is simply, but competently done. In general, I liked the light effects. The effects began to lose meaning, however, when the same ones were used on too many cards in different categories. On the whole, the paintings add something to the original rock art. I get a good feeling off them, either way. The cards are inspiring, are easy to get into and open up many possibilities for the reader to interpret entirely on their own. The resources are all in the back of the companion book, so if you want to study the art in context, you know where to go.

The companion book is fantastic, nicely laid out and thoughtful. The descriptions only open a door, leading the reader in a direction but not drawing a map.

I drew a card and got the Dancer of Friendship right off the bat, so I know that we (this deck and I) will get along famously! I look forward to "exploring the caves".

Two thumbs up!

NorthernTigress

I got this deck in a trade train, and I have to say, I'm falling in love with it. I have used it in two different OMM exchanges, and both received great feedback.

I must disagree with the person who said that the companion book is "essential". I've gotten intuitive impressions from using only the imagery and card titles. I refuse to consult the book while doing a reading. Sometimes, I will look up some of the cards AFTER I have finished my own interpretation. Most of the time my impressions have matched the book pretty closely. And if it doesn't, I don't worry about it.

inanna_tarot

Ordered my copy today and Im sooo excited about getting them! Hope I get them in time for the easter holiday

Bat Chicken

I just did the recommended spread and WOW, wow, wow.... I rarely get a rush of intuitive ideas like this. I filled two pages. The journey lights right up and inspires... This just became my favourite Oracle!

Wendywu

Mine came today :) I love it - it is gorgeous, and beautiful.

So this weekend I shall read with it. It's an Oracle right - doesn't affect my IDS at all .....

Mi-Shell

Never again will I say anything bad about April Fool's Day!
My copy of the deck arrived today!:)
I opened the package while we / Peter was driving down the Highway to Barrie and while I looked at the cards, I was going "OOOOOH!!" and "Aaaah". So he wanted to see, what I have. I showed him a card and just after a sescon's glimps he could tell me where exactly the rock art on the card was from!
So next card... :) and next... and next all the way down the highway.
He knew all the original art exept 3....
It is not recomended, but it was fun!
so tomorrow, iffff I have time, I will take a second closer looooook!:)

inanna_tarot

Im still waiting for the postie to give me my copy!