"The Star" ~~ Majors only deck by Cathy McClelland

MoonGypsy

teheuti said:
Cathy brought many of her original paintings to BATS to share with us all (there's a photo of her on my blog). This is truly an amazing deck! I can hardly wait for all 78 cards to be done. Keep up the great work. What I find so satisfying is that the artwork is beautiful, the designs original, and there's plenty going on at the esoteric/shamanic/mystical level.

BTW, I highly recommend getting an enlargement of your favorite card. There's so much detail and how wonderful it is to have matted and framed on your wall.

Mary

Hi Mary!
Oh i just saw the pic of our dear Cathy! i am so happy so many more people are getting exposed to her incredible talent! Thank-you so much, Mary, for all those wonderful pictures you put up on your site from BATS! They mean so much to see all those glowing faces, and put faces to the names. i am just beaming from ear to ear!!!
{{{hugs}}}
MoonGypsy:heart:

Cerulean

I liked how the 'brightness' of the images leaped out at me

...at first glances, I saw many uplifting details in her images.

I am very glad to have glimpsed her work through this thread and hearing about what everyone here has to say, as well.

Cheers!

Cerulean

Jewel

Cathy ann said:
My intention was always to do the minors, but as life is, making the time to do it was tricky. But, I have planted the seed to start in the fall.
Cathy, not sure if you are following this thread anymore or not, but I was wondering if now that fall has arrived you are having any success at getting your project on the minors started. The majors are trully lovely and evocative. I am curious about the minors as I think I woluld like to buy the 78 card version of the deck whenever you complete it (no rush there *LOL*).

Please do keep us updated on your progress.

la-luna

Teheuti said:
Cathy brought many of her original paintings to BATS to share with us all (there's a photo of her on my blog). This is truly an amazing deck! I can hardly wait for all 78 cards to be done. Keep up the great work. What I find so satisfying is that the artwork is beautiful, the designs original, and there's plenty going on at the esoteric/shamanic/mystical level.

BTW, I highly recommend getting an enlargement of your favorite card. There's so much detail and how wonderful it is to have matted and framed on your wall.

Mary

Great article (as always) and great pic's - seeing them makes me want to move to the orther continent (USA in other words :D ) at least then i could come at least once.

and off course looking forward to a "full 78 card deck" although if the have the same format as the majors that may give some problems (but then problems are to be solved)

MoonGypsy

C'mon sweet Cathy Ann! :love:
please come and say "hi"! We love you and your divine art so much and miss your presence here in this thread...
Your friend and sister always,
MoonGypsy)O(

Anam Cara

I was absolutely THRILLED to have the table next to Cathy
at last weekend's BATS!!

Kind of a funny story...I was setting up the Baba table,
Cathy and her husband were setting up Cathy's display
walls. We introduced ourselves "Hi, I'm Cathy"..."Hi, I'm
Diane"....and went back to setting up. A few minutes
later, I glance up at her display walls to see the
AMAZING art of....Cathy McClelland!! Whoa!!!!

So, I approached Cathy and asked..."Cathy?
Cathy MCCLELLAND?!?!?!" LOL!
She is SO gracious and SO kind...
we even got to do readings for each
other with the MAAT during Julie Cuccia Watts'
presentation (well, Cathy read my card for me;
I tried to read her card for her, but am still so
very much the beginner...she generously shared
her own interpretation...TY Cathy :))

Cathy is not only an extremely talented lady, but
also one of the nicest people I met all weekend
(that says a lot, really, as EVERYone I met was
super nice!)

I, too, eagerly await her 78-card Tarot, but in
the mean time her majors-only deck is one of my
favorites, AND I stocked up on several of her
greeting cards!! (I'm still drooling over her framed
art...ONE of these days, I'm treating myself!!)

If you are considering adding any of her creations
to your collection, I say GO FOR IT!! And if you
have the opportunity to meet her and see her art in person,
don't miss it!!
:heart:cara

Cathy ann

Hi Everyone! Again thank you all so very much for all your support and joyful encouragement. I am very excited about starting the minors and am going to start them after Thanksgiving. Can't wait. I am hoping that it will all be done in about 2-2-1/2 years.
But, I also have to express how wonderful the Tarot Symposium was last Sat. in San Francisco. Everyone was very nice and supportive. it was so great and to be in such an eclectic atmosphere and hear some of the presenters as well as see what the tarot world is up to. I got to see Mary Greer again who had encouraged me to participate in the event. Thank again and always Mary for all your wonderful support.
But, also I got to meet and spend time with Cara and that was a lot of fun. How lucky I was to have a booth next to her.
I wish to extend all my gratitude to all of you who are following my progress. And i just can't tell you how wonderful it makes me feel. as well as how much it motivates me to get a move on with starting the minors!
Thank you all and Many Blessings, Cathy

Scarlet27

Wow! What a gorgeous deck! I loved it *drools*

fyreflye

A really beautiful deck that I'd love to buy - especially at a price like $30. Unfortunately, Cathy's cart and checkout mechanism doesn't work on any of my three Mac browsers (Firefox, Safari, OmniWeb) largely because the whole page renders badly in the Mac html. environment. Apparently Cathy and Jeannette still haven't heard about each other, as this deck is not yet at Tarot Garden. So how can I buy it using PayPal?

FaireMaiden

fyreflye said:
A really beautiful deck that I'd love to buy - especially at a price like $30. Unfortunately, Cathy's cart and checkout mechanism doesn't work on any of my three Mac browsers (Firefox, Safari, OmniWeb) largely because the whole page renders badly in the Mac html. environment. Apparently Cathy and Jeannette still haven't heard about each other, as this deck is not yet at Tarot Garden. So how can I buy it using PayPal?
You can write to Cathy and tell her of this difficulty. Ask her for the Email Address she uses to accept payments from PayPal, and the Total Amount To Be Paid for your order, then go to PayPal and 'Send' her the money directly without having to use the 'Check-Out' from her site. Be sure to put in the 'Notes' box exactly what you are sending money for. Example: "Funds sent ($25.00 or whatever the total is) for 1 each 'Star Tarot' deck. Thank you."

Be sure the Mailing Address showing is the one you want the deck shipped to.

Good luck!