The Tarot of Ravens

Caedryn

Lady Iron Side said:
Thank you for your gr8 suggestions, I like your idea of having the Raven looking down at the card. sweet...lol I was drawing it up today and for some strange reason, the head wasn't done but I did get the wings done, even have the inside of the wings already colored.

As for the Death Card I have to re draw it anyways due to my first drawing when resized down it didn't fit. I did think of drawing it the same but have it mirrored on one side (top) the way it is, but have the bottom same but instead both mom and baby would be skulls, wow that might be a bit intense. good thing it's an idea.

I added you to the list

Thanks! Do you have a ballpark expected time of arrival?

Yes, I think that scene on the Death card would be very intense to the point of being quite upsetting to some people. Since Ravens often hang out in graveyards, what about a raven on a gravestone or mausoleum etc.

~ C

VGimlet

I also really like crows and ravens, and your artwork is gorgeous. Please add me to your list. :)

I may tell a friend to go look at your site too, she's REALLY into the crow family as well. :)

Lady Iron Side

VGimlet said:
I also really like crows and ravens, and your artwork is gorgeous. Please add me to your list. :)

I may tell a friend to go look at your site too, she's REALLY into the crow family as well. :)

I will add you to list and thank you,

Dusk Till Dawn

Please add me to your list also.

Lady Iron Side

VGimlet said:

I will keep that in mind with drawing up a grave yard, here think on this, anyone, I sorta want to depict the death card with the meaning of the rider waite. but I am sick and tired of seeing the same thing depicted over and over in many decks, I would like to cast a diferent image, yet meaning the same. That is why I choose the mother,newborn baby with the Raven - for the Raven can take ones soul or give it, mean a death to something, or a new beginning, much more pleasant to the eye of a querent, who wouldn't think the worst when they see the death card come up in the reading. open to suggestion.

Lady Iron Side

This my WIP My tarot Profile

This is also from my book, you may take a look, it is also a work in progress, If you would like a copy to put in your book when I am done let me know I take it be professionally scanned and put in a good image format for you to download and print.

mytarotprofile2.jpg

Caedryn

Lady Iron Side said:
Here is what my current WIP Raven border so far looks like as mentioned earlier to you that I hadn't drawn up the head yet, good thing, cause it would be better to have the raven looking down at the card.

I angled the camera so I wouldn't get a glare, so the wings look offset, but they are not.

IronsideRavenBorder-1.jpg

I will keep that in mind with drawing up a grave yard, here think on this, anyone, I sorta want to depict the death card with the meaning of the rider waite. but I am sick and tired of seeing the same thing depicted over and over in many decks, I would like to cast a diferent image, yet meaning the same. That is why I choose the mother,newborn baby with the Raven - for the Raven can take ones soul or give it, mean a death to something, or a new beginning, much more pleasant to the eye of a querent, who wouldn't think the worst when they see the death card come up in the reading. open to suggestion.

To me, a baby and mother do not quite fit the bill for the Death card. Changing it to having the child and mother having skulls instead of fleshed out, I think would be very upsetting to some people.

Just an idea...graveyard, tombstone with skull engraved on it, Raven sitting on top of stone, flowers growing around stone. So you have the meanings of an end to something, but new things coming forth? Or, just a skull in a field, Raven sitting on top of it, flowers growing about the skull = same meaning as above. I think this would fit the the meaning you want ie RW deck.

I look forward to seeing a few more examples, such as the Emperor/Lord, King of Wands, High Priestess!

When do you estimate a publishing date for your deck?

~ C

Lady Iron Side

Caedryn said:
To me, a baby and mother do not quite fit the bill for the Death card. Changing it to having the child and mother having skulls instead of fleshed out, I think would be very upsetting to some people.

Just an idea...graveyard, tombstone with skull engraved on it, Raven sitting on top of stone, flowers growing around stone. So you have the meanings of an end to something, but new things coming forth? Or, just a skull in a field, Raven sitting on top of it, flowers growing about the skull = same meaning as above. I think this would fit the the meaning you want ie RW deck.

I look forward to seeing a few more examples, such as the Emperor/Lord, King of Wands, High Priestess!

When do you estimate a publishing date for your deck?

~ C

Well your great creative idea, branched into the most awesome idea, once I finish this border, I will re draw the death card so you will have to wait and see what I've done with your idea...hehe thanks,

The Emperor is already done in my head, as well as the magician, high priestess, moon and the sun cards. after I get the death card finished I'll start working on those.

Well as far as when will the deck be completed, well I plan to do one Card a week, so I am hoping in 78 weeks. then I will have to find a publisher so that may even take longer. I'll worry about that once I have the deck done.

Lady Iron Side

Raven Border day 2

here is where the Raven border is at now, I spend 5 hrs finishing the wings. If your wondering how big, 11 x 14 inches. hope that is big enough so when it is reduce down to card size it will still show detail etc.

Caedryn

Lady Iron Side said:
Well your great creative idea, branched into the most awesome idea, once I finish this border, I will re draw the death card so you will have to wait and see what I've done with your idea...hehe thanks,

The Emperor is already done in my head, as well as the magician, high priestess, moon and the sun cards. after I get the death card finished I'll start working on those.

Well as far as when will the deck be completed, well I plan to do one Card a week, so I am hoping in 78 weeks. then I will have to find a publisher so that may even take longer. I'll worry about that once I have the deck done.

AH...the story of my life - Patience!

Glad you liked the idea!

~ C