The Temperlyne Tarot online

katong1

It truly is. ...Aren't we all eager for the Fool?

temperlyne

hmm yes the fool... it is changing constantly and I have no idea if it will turn out allright. As soona s I get hold of a camera I will post its current state for you to see.

In the mean time I need to pick two of my cards that best represent the style end feel of my deck and I am having a hard time with it myself. I was thinking about Strength and the Chariot but maybe the High Priestess or the Hanged one?
I seem unable to judge my own paintings objectively and would really love to hear your suggestions!

Sidhe-Ra

Hmmm...tricky! Definitely strength, and either The Chariot, Death, or the Universe. Death shows a good contrast, and alongside Strength would show the range of expression your work is capable of. What is this for?

temperlyne

thanks for the suggestions Em,
I was thinking about death myself but wasn't sure if it wasn't too scary.

I need to to pick one or two cards that will eventually end up on the tarot lovers calendar!

Sidhe-Ra

Oh excellent! Well done you! :)

aibhlin

I'd say death and the chariot

Keigh

You couldn't go wrong with any of these three: Death, Strength, Universe (all of your cards are incredible.....!) These three though capture the style, depth, and essense of your work. They are so powerfully rendered....It was a pleasure to journey back through your site. This is a must have deck for me. Will you be doing a small run at some point? If so, please put me on your list.

mythos

I could offer my preferred choices .... but I am not going to. Why? Because you are the creator of these magnificient cards. When it comes to the crunch, the one's that speak most to you are the one's to choice. Don't worry about not feeling that you can be an objective judge of your own work, chose from the heart ... chose the ones that, if they were all hanging in front of you for a week,a month, a year, decades, you know that your eyes would continue to seek them out (not because you'd like to change things) but because you are so drawn to them, to their power to move you, and from the feeling of 'OMG did I really create that?'

mythos:)

katong1

They're all great, both aesthetically and in concept. Death and Strength stand out to me as being most strikingly original.

temperlyne

Thank you all for your sugestions. I think I will go with strength and death. I have the most personal connection with those cards, the images really do something to me and I find myself chatting to them constantly. And yes mythos, I still can't believe that I created them!

I have the feeling the fool will take a long time to be completed. Usually I at least know the compostion and outline of an image but with this I have no idea why and how. It doesn't look like a fool (yet) and I wonder what will change so that it does. It's a mystery to me why I didn't stick with my initial disigns. Could the fool's impulsiveness be guiding my hand in this one?
here is what he looks like at the moment:

Attachments

• fool2.jpg
    fool2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 85