The Temperlyne Tarot online

truelighth

Wonderful! Her hair and her skin, they look just so real. I like the gold, it works very well. Congratulations on finishing another masterpiece.

rogue

I like how you've finished off the Star Temperlyne, adding the dripping water as you have. Another excellent card to check off the list. Very good work. How's the Devil coming along? She looked close to complete last I saw. I definitely want a copy of your deck when it comes out. I'm not one that dishes out frivolous congratulations, but I'll say with certainty that your deck will be an instant classic.

temperlyne

Thank you Truelighth for you generous compliment and Lampkin for believing in my deck!
I am very glad you like my star card :D It feels strange to have finally finished her; she went through so many different stages to get to her desitination.
It feels even stranger to direct my attention to the devil. That image is almost the opposite with all its darkness. And to work on her is very draining. I doubt that I will finish that card very soon. Specially as I leave for Madrid for 2 weeks next sunday.

rogue

You should see this movie called Day of the Beast, or in Spanish, El Dia de la Bestia. There's a great Devil card in that movie, which coincidentally takes place in Madrid.

OnePotato

Hello temperlyne.

Ahh, the new star card is fabulous! I am happy to see that it has come through so well.

You should be commended for recognizing the possibility of improvement in your first version, and then finding the nerve to actually start over and do better. Bravo!

I believe the old one was a nice enough image, but the composition was a bit outside of the other images. I think the view was pulled a bit too far back. In the new one, you've come in much closer, and also tackled and pulled off a much more ambitious composition. It lives perfectly with the other cards.

Keep this up!:)

Best,
OnePotato

temperlyne

taking a leave

It is a bit late, but thank you OnePotato!

I also apologize for vanishing without a word... but I've recently decided to stop painting tarot cards for the time being. Creating tarot cards put me in touch with my creative side and I loved it. But I now feel the set format of tarot is hindering my artistic development somewhat. I will try to create paintings without overthinking symbolism. Hopefully I will someday return to tarot with fresh vigour and inspiration.
I thank all of you kind and loving people! Your wonderful response to my cards has been very inspiring and I hope you will all be here when my creative journey brings me back to creating tarot.

Lots of Love
Temperlyne

Here are the majors that I've created so far:
http://major-arcana.blogspot.com/
I will keep using my online http://www.tarotjournal.com to journal about my creative journey.

Gemini Rising

My God, Temperlyne, I must say that those are the most beautiful cards I've ever seen! If that deck ever becomes available, I'll be the first to buy it!

If I may say one thing, though, "Judgment" is spelled without the E. I know it's silly and I'm sorry if you're offended or anything, but I'm VERY OCD about spelling and grammar, and I'd hate to see a deck published with a misspelled word!

Mariana

Gemini Rising said:
"Judgment" is spelled without the E.
My Cambridge dictionary gives both options.

rogue

It's good to see you back Temperlyne. I missed you and your pictures. In my opinion you are one of the very best on the forum. It's too bad you won't be creating tarot cards for a while. But I am glad to see you've moved on with your art, and I know this is the right step for you. When I did mine, I had the symbolism down, but artistic development before doing it would have been a major plus. I am still very curious to see your new art, and which direction you'll be taking it in. Is there another forum that you post it on, or do you just update your images on your site as you make them?

temperlyne

Hi Lampkin!

I'm curious as well to see what direction my art will take, but I already feel I am making some progress and I aim to learn as much as I can from each painting.
I sometimes post my work on a dutch art forum, just to get some feedback and advise. Most artwork I just post on my deviant-art site: http://temperlyne.deviantart.com/

Love Temperlyne