The Tower in love readings?

KnightOfTheCosmos

Hi all! I did a quick love spread to see how things would go for me in the next month and I got The Tower as the outcome. I usually get this card when the truth of a situation comes out that destroys my whole internal foundation. It rocks my world but for the better. However, I've never gotten it for a love reading. I'm currently single, never been in a relationship, so I'm not sure what it could mean, other than me having an epiphany that causes me to learn something important about myself when it comes to romance.

I wanted to ask: What have your experiences been when you get this card in love readings for single querents? Thank you in advance!

Absynthe

You could meet someone you have high hopes about but it doesn't pan out for whatever reason.

IndigoWaves

The Tower is one card that tends to "intrude" on readings if some disruptive/shocking event is coming up -- and not necessarily anything to do with the reading's topic... So especially if you find it suddenly appearing a lot, take extra care as it may be a warning. (Ex: one reader here started receiving the Tower in "love readings" shortly before his/her house was broken into... [emoji53])

KnightOfTheCosmos

You could meet someone you have high hopes about but it doesn't pan out for whatever reason.

That makes a lot of sense! The problem is that it takes me a while to like someone though. I may see someone and think they're attractive but I have to build up an emotional connection to them. But this totally makes sense! I could definitely see that as a Tower moment. Thank you!

The Tower is one card that tends to "intrude" on readings if some disruptive/shocking event is coming up -- and not necessarily anything to do with the reading's topic... So especially if you find it suddenly appearing a lot, take extra care as it may be a warning. (Ex: one reader here started receiving the Tower in "love readings" shortly before his/her house was broken into... [emoji53])

WHOA. Seriously?? I hope that reader ended up being okay...The Tower is such an interesting card...I like how you phrased it, that it "intrudes" on readings. I will keep that in mind. You're right. It may not even be relating to the reading at all because it did feel "off", disconnected from the reading and random. I kind of have a feeling the reading may have been pointing to something else, but I'm honestly not sure. Thanks a lot for the heads up! :)

IndigoWaves

WHOA. Seriously?? I hope that reader ended up being okay...The Tower is such an interesting card...I like how you phrased it, that it "intrudes" on readings. I will keep that in mind. You're right. It may not even be relating to the reading at all because it did feel "off", disconnected from the reading and random. I kind of have a feeling the reading may have been pointing to something else, but I'm honestly not sure. Thanks a lot for the heads up! :)
The person was actually asleep at home as it happened, but luckily didn't encounter the burglar (in which case it could have been so much worse... [emoji32] )
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4700336
Take care. :)

SunChariot

Hi all! I did a quick love spread to see how things would go for me in the next month and I got The Tower as the outcome. I usually get this card when the truth of a situation comes out that destroys my whole internal foundation. It rocks my world but for the better. However, I've never gotten it for a love reading. I'm currently single, never been in a relationship, so I'm not sure what it could mean, other than me having an epiphany that causes me to learn something important about myself when it comes to romance.

I wanted to ask: What have your experiences been when you get this card in love readings for single querents? Thank you in advance!

The general meaning for me of the Tower is simply something changing very quickly, almost in the blink of an eye. And the change is forever/permanent. Nothing will ever be the same again. The card is not negative by nature for me, as for some. The change can be either, either negative or positive.

Often, and especially in relationship readings as you mentioned above, The Tower can be about falling in love. I often see that in the image = 2 people shown FALLING.

Falling in love is just that, there is this moment in time where you realize for the first time that you are actually in love with the other. A second before you had not realized it. A second later the realization hits and you know for sure. And nothing between you and the other will ever be the same again.

Babs

KnightOfTheCosmos

The general meaning for me of the Tower is simply something changing very quickly, almost in the blink of an eye. And the change is forever/permanent. Nothing will ever be the same again. The card is not negative by nature for me, as for some. The change can be either, either negative or positive.

Often, and especially in relationship readings as you mentioned above, The Tower can be about falling in love. I often see that in the image = 2 people shown FALLING.

Falling in love is just that, there is this moment in time where you realize for the first time that you are actually in love with the other. A second before you had not realized it. A second later the realization hits and you know for sure. And nothing between you and the other will ever be the same again.

Babs

Honestly, that was one of my first thoughts, that it meant falling in love. But I didn't want to get my hopes up and then I remembered that The Tower usually stands for the truth about a situation coming out for me. It would be nice if it meant falling in love, haha. I'm a huge romantic but I've lost hope. Trying to gain that hope back, though. Thanks a lot! =)

SunChariot

Honestly, that was one of my first thoughts, that it meant falling in love. But I didn't want to get my hopes up and then I remembered that The Tower usually stands for the truth about a situation coming out for me. It would be nice if it meant falling in love, haha. I'm a huge romantic but I've lost hope. Trying to gain that hope back, though. Thanks a lot! =)

I believe, in reading, the first thought we have is usually the best one...the closest to truth. Once we start questioning or thinking what we believe is likely or not, we get in our own ways. Even things that are unlikely DO happen in life, so if we do that we will have a hard time seeing the truth we are being told. To me, I believe reading it about turning off the mind. If you start to think or follow your worries, you just get in your own way.

To read accurately, we need to stay objective and not let our feelings enter into it. If you're starting to question what you see, you may not be able to stay objective enough to read on the topic for yourself. I don't know many people who can when it comes to romantic readings. :grin:

You can always try a reading on what you can do to try to get your sense of hope back. Might be fun. I always find those are feel good readings :grin:

Or alternatively, IF you don't feel things are hopeful as they are now... You would ask the cards what you can do that could change the situation to make a positive outcome more likely. Then just do it. I find these kinds of readings useful.

Remember a reading on the future does not show THE future, period. It's not set in stone. It is just one future, the one you are currently heading towards. But usually you can change the future you are heading towards by thinking and acting differently. The cards can tell us how to do that if we ask. What needs to be changed to get to where we want to go.

Babs

Esk

I agree with Sunchariot, it could be about falling in love. The only time I've seen this card with a positive meaning it was in this case. I met someone with whom it was a kind of love at first sight and also life changing for many reasons. Just like you I was single and very pessimistic about my love. I think in this case the tower describes well the sudden changes that occur and make you see your life in a diffetent way.