The Transparent Tarot

Pook

well, I've just placed my pre-order on Amazon, and they estimated my ship date as November 3!!

So if they're calling for publication in October, am I getting a second run copy, or are they just being cautious in estimating ship dates these days?

silverwings94

Same here. I can't wait to be able to hold it in my hands. I hope that someone will start a study group with this deck. its totall awesome.
S

All Is One

Pook...Sometimes I get paranoid and begin to believe that Amazon is actively plotting against my personal well-being and general peace of mind. I'm waiting for final proof one way or the other.

I'll check on when they promised my actual ship date and get back to you. Maybe mine is the same.

Marli

Amazon Shipping Dates

You guys got me paranoid, and made me check my own as well - it showed the shipping date as Oct 28 and delivery date of Oct 31 - nov 04.

So I'm guessing that 1 of 2 things happened, either you saw the delivery date and mistook it for the shipping date, or they are doing orders according to the que they have in pre-orders, in which case, it's still sort of cool, becuase it means Em's deck is flying of the shelves!

Just my thoughts....

All Is One

Why does Amazon say one thing and do another? Because they can.

Whew...nice to get that out. All in all, they are ok. I like getting stuff. Period. So evil Amazon is better than none.

Since they're taking us all on a case by case basis...(?)

My Amazon decree in this instance is:

"Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: October 30, 2008

* 1 of: The Transparent Tarot
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC"

Am I just 4 days luckier?

Uh-oh. Maybe it's like letting the Mob do you a favor. Who knows what they'll want in return.

gregory

Anyone tried a preorder direct from Schiffer ? I will NEVER AGAIN preorder from Amazon - in the uk at any rate..... :mad:

rwcarter

gregory said:
Anyone tried a preorder direct from Schiffer ? I will NEVER AGAIN preorder from Amazon - in the uk at any rate..... :mad:
(Raises hand) I've pre-ordered 5 copies from the publisher. It comes out to be ~$10 more per copy than purchasing through Amazon, but the peace of mind is worth it. They offer free shipping in the US (which I know you won't be able to take advantage of) and 20% off any order of 3 or more titles (same or mixed).

Rodney

silverwings94

Mine reads shipping November 3 delivery between November 10-17.. Anything I order from Amazon usually comes from their warehouse in Kentucky. Then gets delayed in Warrendale ,PA. So this will be very interesting to see when it gets here.

inanna_tarot

i see my mention of the publication date on amazon.co.uk has caused some interesting posts!!

I dont preorder things, because i'm just too useless to be that organised. Could be i'll buy from an amazon seller after its published rather than faff with amazon and their shipment issues.

Sidhe-Ra

I have ordered a copy myself through Amazon, so that if any problems start occuring, I'll be aware of them.

Thanks for your support everyone! It seems a long time until October now...I don't want to wish the summer away though!

Blessings,

Em xx