The Transparent Tarot

Sophie

I've been reading the Transparent threads daily, trying not to go mad with frustration. There is no way I can order this deck and have it sent to me in the country where I am now - it would take far too long and the parcel is not guaranteed to arrive, erm, intact. I fell in love with the Transparent Tarot when Em let me use her prototype - I found it so eloquent. Simple and clear, as you'd imagine - but also very subtle. The reading stayed with me long afterwards.

So, I am being patient and waiting until I can have it sent to a safe place :)

Netzach

I've just added scans of the cards to my reading (above) so you can see the deck in action!

Annabelle

I got my copy directly from the publisher last week, and am now awaiting a second copy from Amazon.

So many folks have already shared such marvelous things about their experiences with the Transparent . . . I don't have much to add, other than to say simply that this deck is truly magical.

I mean it, seriously. Ordinarily I'm one of those "cards are just ink and paper" types of folks. But the Transparent is so much more. Every reading I've done has been . . . well, magical. I don't have a better word for it. Every reading moves me. Every reading sings to me. Every reading leaves me gobsmacked.

Thank you, Em!!!!!!!!!!! Your cards are truly a blessing in my life.

Sidhe-Ra

Bless you, Annabelle, with your big font, your exclamation marks and your very kind words! (((Annabelle)))xxx

flying black kat

I got an email from Amazon.com today telling me my Transparent Tarot has been shipped today. The estimated delievery date is Nov. 10, 2008. I will try to wait patently.

It's a good thing I'm sick, or the wait would be driving me nuts.

Kathy

faerylvr

I got my copy yesterday... incredible... incredible...incredible.

rwcarter

There's a thread over in Tarot Decks called It's HERE!!! where we've actually been discussing the deck and I've posted a number of observations of things I'm finding in using the deck. (I'm actually using two decks together with mirror-imaged cards instead of reversals.)

Netzach, that was an inspired reading you did. Thanks for sharing!

Rodney

truelighth

I have a question on how to draw cards with the Transparant. I mean, I am used to shuffle the cards and then put them in a fan, upside down. So you pick them 'blind'. Well, not really blind, because I think somehow something of you knows which card to pick. But you don't have the visual input.. But with the Transparant, that is a little difficult, as you can actually already see the images I noticed. Does anyone know how you could still shuffle and draw 'blind'? Or how do you all work or intent to work with them when picking the cards? I would like to know.

Btw, originally this wasn't my question. Someone asked me this question a few weeks ago when I was telling them very enthousiastically about the Transparant Tarot. But since then and now that I have the deck, I am wondering about it.

Sidhe-Ra

Just find a way that works for you, truelighth. I have been shuffling and either drawing whichever cards are on top, or cutting the deck in random places to choose the cards.

There is of course, the other option, which is to consciously choose which cards you or the client are drawn to, and then interpret why you might have chosen them, as well as trying different ways of combining them, switching which combine with which and so on. Almost like an interactive dialogue between you and the cards!

Have fun,

Em xx