The Wheel as a couple's potential

GrailKing

Some view Wheel as an intensifier. So whatever it affects will be bigger.

This might be because (traditionally) whenever the gods paid attention to us, the impact on our lives would be great (for example, Odysseus). Wheel = Fortuna, "luck" in the general sense (neither good nor bad).

Lastly, some see Wheel as combining the energies of the chaotic Fool (zero) with the grasping (Yang) desire to affect the outcome (1). Some have said the Wheel "supervises" the Aces, handing them out from that cloud (rather than the Magician, who merely finds or imitates them).

I'm a sucker for anything involving the Greek gods and couldn't agree more about the Wheel as an intensifier of energies, whether they be synergistic or discordant. Taking the idea of the Wheel supervising the aces and going a little further, that can apply if you also view the Wheel as the universe or soul energy working in concert with another person or with the universe to attract events that push us along our life path—forward if upright, stalled if reversed. I think this idea of the universe working on their behalf applies in this case. There are changes in the works, and both are facing decisions concerning beginning new chapters in their individual lives. I guess they'll have to wait and see how events play out. Thanks for the additional perspective.

Intotouch

Gee, I sure hope not. The thing is this guy is actually a departure from any significant previous patterns I've had in prior relationships. We actually share some very positive values and goals for ourselves, such as lively a healthy lifestyle including maintaining a healthy relationship to substances such as alcohol, a desire to challenge ourselves physically through fitness related interests, and creative endeavors/interests that foster a complimentary approach to life and ongoing personal growth. We're also fairly comfortable in our own skin, relatively speaking. I would think it is the beginning of a new pattern, one where the wheel is rotated by a generally more positive energy feeding on our interaction. If the wheel can signify negative cycles of interaction and behaviors as has been often observed by others, then I believe it can just as easily be harnessed to feed off positive behaviors and attitudes as two people adapt to life's changes.

Hi. I may have expressed myself poorly here. When I meant a couple with similar problems and pleasures, ups and downs, over and over I didn't mean similar to past relationships. I meant whatever pattern of ups and downs you have now with this person will be repeated.

GrailKing

Hi. I may have expressed myself poorly here. When I meant a couple with similar problems and pleasures, ups and downs, over and over I didn't mean similar to past relationships. I meant whatever pattern of ups and downs you have now with this person will be repeated.
Ah thanks for the clarification. I'll have to wait and see how it shakes out, but I can keep this in mind. :)

Emma313

Going round and round but going nowhere permanently so not the one to plan ahead with in your head

Nice for the rides but that's it

Had this in a past relationship

Wasn't dishonest or not fun or not real for both parties just somethng outside their abilities or strengths at the time for various reasons but ...literally was a fairground ride, which is fine if that's all you want or expect

In the end the ride never stopped much for a break so the ever decreasing circle imploded lol

Not a bitter experience at all, sheesh I almost sound as if I am recommending it :D

GrailKing

Going round and round but going nowhere permanently so not the one to plan ahead with in your head

Nice for the rides but that's it

Had this in a past relationship

Wasn't dishonest or not fun or not real for both parties just somethng outside their abilities or strengths at the time for various reasons but ...literally was a fairground ride, which is fine if that's all you want or expect

In the end the ride never stopped much for a break so the ever decreasing circle imploded lol

Not a bitter experience at all, sheesh I almost sound as if I am recommending it :D

Thanks for replying. The only thing that stands out about your interpretation is that it sounds like a negative or reversed meaning for the card, but in my reading it was dealt upright. I don't believe there are any wholly positive or wholly negative cards in the deck. Life just isn't that way. To me, the Wheel advances because it rolls. Only if it is being harnessed to do a job, such as turn to a mill stone or generate hydroelectric power do I see it as remaining stationary and moving like a ferris wheel.

GrailKing

[duplicate post removed]

Laurelle

Thanks for replying. The only thing that stands out about your interpretation is that it sounds like a negative or reversed meaning for the card, but in my reading it was dealt upright. I don't believe there are any wholly positive or wholly negative cards in the deck. Life just isn't that way. To me, the Wheel advances because it rolls. Only if it is being harnessed to do a job, such as turn a mill stone or generate hydroelectric power do I see it as remaining stationary and moving like a ferris wheel.

Funny thing about me and the Wheel. I don't see it negative even when reversed. It's like one of those rare cards that has the same meaning (to me) upright or reversed.

I actually like the Wheel a lot and don't see it like the majority. I think it's incredibly positive, uplifting, lucky, destined, and happy....but that's just me!

GrailKing

Funny thing about me and the Wheel. I don't see it negative even when reversed. It's like one of those rare cards that has the same meaning (to me) upright or reversed.

I actually like the Wheel a lot and don't see it like the majority. I think it's incredibly positive, uplifting, lucky, destined, and happy....but that's just me!

In many ways, I see it that way too. Movement forward (assuming it is upright) is always for the best.