The Wild Unknown Tarot

astronautica

I'm glad I found this thread the day before payday so I have all night to think about whether or not I need it before I order it... although I imagine I'll be getting up early before work tomorrow morning, credit card in hand, to order a copy before I change my mind later in the day :D It looks stunning!

Chiriku

Yes, Terrapin, I've done all the perusing of the various sites, stores and blogs related to this deck that I care to do. I hope to forget about the things I don't like about the marketing and focus on the deck. To that end, I might put it away for a few weeks after it arrives to try to get some mental distance.

Thank you for pointing out the copyright printed on the face of the cards--that is most unfortunate. Copyrights on the fronts of cards always prick at me while reading.

GrailSidhe

I HAVE IT!!!!!!

Arrived today :D :D :D

Sooo.... Quick answers:

Card stock: it's perfect, not flimsy, not too thick, the cards have a matte silky feel to them, NOT shiny nor porous or sticky.

Imagery: as seen, it's got a serene feel to it, almost like a quiet friend.

Feathers? One card has them, I think it's the 10 of pentacles.

How it reads: feels like a gentle friend, not oversaturated, nothing that truly screams at you, I'm really enjoying it.

The pack is quite thick though, about 3.5cm thick, and shuffling can be a bit of a bother.

Comes with a sheet giving keywords on all the cards, nothing thorough. The box is thick and satiny smooth to the touch.

Will be making a video review soon :)

I love it!

jcwirish

Thank you for that great description. Now I really don't want to wait until the middle of November to get it! :(

GrailSidhe

Thank you for that great description. Now I really don't want to wait until the middle of November to get it! :(

You're most welcome :) Yes I was surprised it arrived so quickly given the hurricane and all. So pleased with it :)

strings of life

Oh, I can wait. Oh, the anticipation!

Copyright on cards? We're used to that on many decks. That's what trimming is for [evil grin].

jcwirish

So, I, being me, was getting really antsy about being an adult and being patient and waiting for this deck. I was thinking I should just go and order it from the site that is charging a bit more for shipping even though I have already placed an order for the Nov. 15th shipment. I thought I would come here and ask for guidance, and then I realized that that would be like asking other junkies if I should have one more hit, lol! So, I thought I'll ask my non-tarot friends and realized they just couldn't possibly grasp the value of a unique and beautiful deck. In a quandary, I threw caution to the wind and bought another copy of the deck realizing that having two copies is probably a sound and reasonable idea. :D (at least this is what I am telling myself).

Thoughts?

Rhinemaiden

So, I, being me, was getting really antsy about being an adult and being patient and waiting for this deck. I was thinking I should just go and order it from the site that is charging a bit more for shipping even though I have already placed an order for the Nov. 15th shipment. I thought I would come here and ask for guidance, and then I realized that that would be like asking other junkies if I should have one more hit, lol! So, I thought I'll ask my non-tarot friends and realized they just couldn't possibly grasp the value of a unique and beautiful deck. In a quandary, I threw caution to the wind and bought another copy of the deck realizing that having two copies is probably a sound and reasonable idea. :D (at least this is what I am telling myself).

Thoughts?

You are such an enabler! :heart: It's YOUR fault that I just pushed the button to buy this amazing deck.... ;) (but only ONE copy from the Wild Unknown site... I'm mature enough to wait..... :p)

jcwirish

You are such an enabler! :heart: It's YOUR fault that I just pushed the button to buy this amazing deck.... ;) (but only ONE copy from the Wild Unknown site... I'm mature enough to wait..... :p)

LMAO! I have always respected your great maturity RM. :laugh:

Get back to me in a few days when you find you can't stop thinking about the deck. :D :D