The Wild Unknown Tarot

MandMaud

My new deck measures 3.2cm thick, that's 1.25" (maybe one card thicker than 1.25"). If that helps. :)

Le Fanu

I couldn't get a pic to show the lamination (or lack thereof), but I send send them this pic of the decks side by side...
is there a difference in colour or is that just the light in the photo? Mine looks more like the one on the right.

Calcifer

The deck on the left is one of my 1st decks and any discoloring is probably due to lighting and hand oils from usage. The one on the right is a virtually "untouched" new deck, one of the ones in question. The height difference really is NOT due to usage (as my post concerning the weights of the decks indicates), though there may be a little bowing and such. Squished down, there is actually an 11 card difference between them. I should hear something more concrete from them later his afternoon (east coast time).
Michael

Scorulia

Hi everyone,

I am so happy, today I finally recieved my Wild Unknown tarot deck ! I must say I am totally seduced and almost impressed by the cards... It's a strange feeling but after watching all the details of each card, i didn't know What to do with the deck and was looking at it like "come on, what do you guy have to Tell me ?" But i didn't dare drawing my first cards.

I finally interviewed it and was happy with the result. It was not a "kind" result but that's what I like. Then i asked the first question that came to my mind, which was about a friend's cat (she had asked me information about her cat not coming back home for a few days. She often asks me such things about her animals, but i usually directly communicate with them without any tool or support. I thought it was such a good first question to ask to my tarot as I have always imagined this deck to be my partner for animal matters).

When I turned the cards face up, it took me a few seconds to understand a superficial meaning for each of them but I suddently (and very quickly) had a strong feeling that was answering very clearly my question. I couldn't change my mind and the more I was looking at the cards, the more the global meaning was becoming precise and obvious to me. After checking the meanings in the guidebook I felt even more confident about my first intuition.

So I have got the feeling that this deck and I will go through a lot of great stuff, I have read here and there that it was quite an intuitive deck, I think I can already say I am feeling the same way about it, even if I am Still waiting for my friend's feedback about What I told her (I'll let you know as soon as I know more).

It feels good to be part of the wild unknown family ! :)

(I hope my english is, if not perfect, at least easy to understand - the capital letters come from my Dumb iPad and it's a real pain to type english text with it, sorry about that).

Calcifer

As I was taught, lived, and breathed Rider-Waite, the Wild Unknown was a big departure from familiarity for me. I certainly loved the imagery, but what really hooked me was that unlike the Rider and its numerous clones, this deck made me look at tarot in an entirely different way.... and I viewed this as a very positive thing. Reading with this was a totally new experience for me and rather forced me to stretch my intuitive muscles as opposed to simply reading the cards by the "meanings" I had long since learned. This alone has made the deck invaluable to me and was a long need cure for my tarot "blahs".
Michael

Scorulia

I guess that as i am totally new to tarot, i am not conditioned to one special kind, and this deck will probably be a very good support and will allow me to immediately feel the answers instead of "analysing" them... I hope so ! :)

Calcifer

I expect you're going to love it :) !!

Pixna

I totally agree with Calcifer -- you're going to love this deck, Scorulia. As you noticed, it's incredibly intuitive -- sparse yet deep. Enjoy!

Scorulia

Hi again,

I'm back to share my friend's feedback with you. I'm proud to tell you it's excellent, everything I told her was perfectly true about her and her cat. What makes me so happy is the way I got the right feeling, clear, quick, easy and sooo obvious ! Very intuitive... How impressive !
I can't wait to go further with this deck :)
Oh, and good news : the cat is back home !

Calcifer

The WU people just asked me to send them one of the two decks I just got so they can check them out. It will be going out in tomorrow's mail...
Michael