The World as "the one" - relationship

Laurelle

What do you think if you pull The World for an outcome for what will happen with you and a person? Like: Is this person for me?

I think The World is the final stage of everything. When the World makes itself known in the tarot deck you can be completely sure that true self-awareness and love of Life has been found.

The World is a heavy card....and without seeing the other cards in the spread, I don't think anyone can accurately predict what it means as the outcome between two people.

The World in love runs on 7 year cycles (exalted in saturn). And when you're looking at the final outcome, you should take that into account.

I always read like this: What will happen in 3 months? What is the projected outcome in 6 months, because really, what does outcome mean? You need to put a time frame on it otherwise the outcome could be when both of you die.

But I do agree with what other posters have said. The World does normally mean it's over, but in a "Hey, we learned a lot from each other. Thanks for being there for me." There's no devastation or transformation that the Death card brings.

PAMUYA

What do you think if you pull The World for an outcome for what will happen with you and a person? Like: Is this person for me?

I think The World is the final stage of everything. When the World makes itself known in the tarot deck you can be completely sure that true self-awareness and love of Life has been found.

It could be the end of your quest of finding a mate. It could be telling you this is as good as it gets, it has reached its limits. "You have come full circle.". So much depends on the surrounding cards. I do agree that it is the final stage, time to graduate and move onto the next stage. If you are now dating, the next stage maybe moving on, or getting more serious. I do not believe the outcome is so cut and dry. What you have now will end, but to what depends on where you want to go.

Laurelle

It could be the end of your quest of finding a mate. It could be telling you this is as good as it gets, it has reached its limits. "You have come full circle.". So much depends on the surrounding cards. I do agree that it is the final stage, time to graduate and move onto the next stage. If you are now dating, the next stage maybe moving on, or getting more serious. I do not believe the outcome is so cut and dry. What you have now will end, but to what depends on where you want to go.

I know, right. What happens if you have the World and the 10 of Cups or 4 of Wands? That would mean "we are moving to the next level".

World plus 5 of pentacles Might be a very final breakup card.

Tower as a breakup? Possible but there would have to be some kind of false assumptions built into the relationship. You catch your lover cheating or you realize she's been lying this whole time.

angelf1sh

I had the World come up with Death and 2 of Cups preceding it. This is a relatively new relationship, so the 2 of Cups part manifested...still not sure about what the World means in the Outcome position.

From the comments here, it certainly depends on the surrounding cards. And it would make sense if the World showed up to signal the end of a long journey when two people have been together for a long time...but how about if the relationship is new?

Saskia

I had the World come up with Death and 2 of Cups preceding it. This is a relatively new relationship, so the 2 of Cups part manifested...still not sure about what the World means in the Outcome position.

From the comments here, it certainly depends on the surrounding cards. And it would make sense if the World showed up to signal the end of a long journey when two people have been together for a long time...but how about if the relationship is new?

World can also mean lesson learned. You two might be learning a major life lesson together (say, about how to be a better partner) and by going through Death (transformation) you will end up in a position that 's "level up" from where you used to be as persons. You become more mature, evolved. Death does indicate that a difficult change is in the air and one of you - or both - will re-emerge out of this as renewed versions of themselves.

cSpaceDiva

I have a different interpretation than most of the responses I'm seeing here, although these are a little closer to how I see it:

Aladdin said:
The possibilities are endless, regardless of believing in 'The Fool's journey' or not.

It could be the end of your quest of finding a mate. It could be telling you this is as good as it gets, it has reached its limits. "You have come full circle."....

I read it as 'having the world at your feet', achieving ultimate success and fulfillment. It is the end, but not in the sense of the relationship ending, more like you couldn't ask for anything more, there is nothing else to search for, end of the rainbow type of thing. So does that mean forever? Not necessarily, but I would read it as a very positive card.

Edit: Oops, I didn't realize how old this thread was.

ana luisa

I would need to see other cards in the spread to say what it means. And also, the exact question asked. If, for instance the question was "what are his feelings for me"? I would read it as "you mean the world to him". The World also shows that in that relationship, one of the partners is more "fulfilled" and self-assured than the other so a certain lack of balance.

dailytarot

Well... The World ever ends.

And the motivation with it, as the people said, are there too.

Like if you never really need to stay each other. Just meet and go away with your improved knowledge.