Therapy: Definition

Teheuti

Solitaire* said:
Tarot Readers need to remain what they are and not try to be something else.
But then, what exactly is a tarot reader? When are they a tarot reader and when are they not? Who defines this and what is the definition? If I say I am a tarot reader and not a therapist, then can I do anything I want?

Mary

Grizabella

Teheuti said:
If I say I am a tarot reader and not a therapist, then can I do anything I want?

Mary

Of course not! And that's exactly my point. I don't think that's a very difficult concept to understand. A tarot reader reads tarot cards meaning they interpret what the cards mean for the sitter in answer to the sitter's inquiry and do not employ them to administer therapy unless it's within the confiines of being a licensed therapist (psychologist, psychiatrist).

Elven

Teheuti said:
But then, what exactly is a tarot reader? When are they a tarot reader and when are they not? Who defines this and what is the definition?

I've opened a new thread in which our definitions of therapy can now be applied to therapeutic tarot or tarot therapy (and one question is "are they different?").

I'll find this thread, as I think I have just posted in another thread :p which basically addressed the question in amogst the answer ...