third year at the dryden fair , 2012

AJ

The third day of the fair

I watched a card with a baby with an invisible driver go in front of me and I did a double take and said invisible driver

I had like 2 people ask me if they can buy decks, (not my preciousesss ) so I gave them the new local metaphysical store business cards !. Sure I can get my books from amazon, chapters, but I always wanted a metaphysical store in my area.

Good save on the baby!

Thanks for the laugh... (not my preciousesss)
Are you one who Never sells a deck once you have it? If not it seems an excellent place to sell decks that you don't enjoy using, and a way to recoup some of the dollars spent over the years? and no fooling around with shipping etc.

edited to add later, what decks did you take? Do you choose or do they choose?

HOLMES

ah thanks aj

nay, I only once sold the fenestra tarot last year not because i didn't like it as much ,, i only used it once or twice before and it was still in the case looking new.
it was last year at the pow wow the young teenage boy looked so earnest as he just had a reading about half hour before and I could tell he was touched by it.
so breaking my own rule i did sell it for les then the price on the box as it was opened and used. I did bless the cards for him and cut any chords i had towards the deck.

currently here is my mode of doing things,, i got 2 coolers of tarot decks,, one of which i use mostly, and one where i hardly use it but i keep them so someday when I pass , i got something to hand down to my nieces or nephews.

i realized earlier this at the fair that i should stopped using my favourite out of print decks, so i know the buckland gspy tarot is back in print, yet the copy is hardly the same as the original so now I left that deck in my cooler this time.

so out of the cooler that I use mostly , I decide to take a deck , out of good use/ that i resonated with, looks cool has beutiful imagery.
this year on the second day and last day i left the doreen virtue oracles home though i did take the doreen virtue tarot with me, and lots of people commented on how beautiful it was. one thing i tend to do is get the latest craze deck for me,, what i mean is last year it was the wizard tarot,, this year i hoped to get the steampunk but getting doreen virtue tarot was good enough as i did have limited funds before this.

I used to have the client sit there and go through each deck til they found one that they liked,, now i find it fast to tell them to pick a bag or box that appeals to them,
though I do give them the option of picking a deck that they like by the look.
i dont' know if it is the bag or the feel, but some decks were never chosen out of the 3 days.
tarot of the southwest tribes,,
the vision tarot
the native american tarot
the connolly tarot
the hanson roberts tarot
the aqaurian tarot

almost every chosen right at the bat, perhaps it was the bag,,
robin wood tarot
wizards tarot
pictorial key tarot
vampire tarot
dark vampyre tarot (forgot the name of it )
boheamthiam gothic tarot deck (which i should really put away as the second edition is out there )
vampire tarot of the eternal sun (yeah i know i misnamed it ) .
the new palladini,,
the hudes tarot .
tarot of timeless truth
and both of cirom tarot.
and the good old morgon greer.

only once did I have a person ask me to pick the deck for them, so i think they like that.

i use to have the person shuffle the decks as well,, but now it started last year,, i have them hold the deck horizontal in front of them in both hands and ask the uniiverse, angels, god, or great spirit (whatever they beleive in ) to bless the deck, to give them guidance to give thanks for the blessing.
one lady prayed for 5 minutes it seemed, and the deck was full of energy ! .

it wasnt' so much a save on the baby as it did hit the car though softly, the save i probaly did was that the woman didn't have to go running down the parking lot screaming which would be the natural reaction come to think of it.
at the beginning,, as i think of it,, it would make a good little horror story,, a psychic preparing to go to the fair to do readings and then to see a baby in the cart going slowly by, it would have some faint scary music,, and pick up more and more.
but luckily it all ended well. :)